PDA

View Full Version : Naming a spot

The Metro Gnome
12-27-2009, 01:16 AM
Would implementing a way to name a specific room in JADE (such as naming were a deafening room is or an alter with stuff on it) be a good idea. like you move your mouse over a room, click, then type a name or warning. Is this even possible?

Or how about a map you open that shows you all you have explored in your dungeon (like being in CoC lvl 10 and opening the map to see lvl 3)

Fullmoon
01-04-2010, 10:01 AM
Hmmm. First one - no. Personally I'd like to see writing-on-floor from NH implemented in JADE. I's atmospheric (not sure if this is the right word) and useful. Your idea is bad because your PC can't move mouse over a room. He can travel there on foot, and then look around for writings in dust or shining new boilerplate (C).

Second... At first thought it would be nice. At second thought - why do you need to look at another level's map? To remember where you can find closest altar/shop/forge/whatelse? Then you just need in-game notebook, and there already was a discussion about implementing such a thing.

xax200
01-07-2010, 08:22 PM
I like the map idea. On the maps, you could write stuff like "Here's where I got mobbed by a million claw beasts and killed them with a banshee!" or "This is the room that I used to store my stuff". Also, when you die, you're maps could be included in the memorial, so you could examine your maps and maybe share them with your friends. Also, if jade supports sharing the generated universes (that would be AWESOME!), and ghosts of past adventurers or shrines existed, the ghosts could show new adventurers places on the map where there was cool stuff. I don't know, the possibilities are endless!

The Metro Gnome
01-16-2010, 03:31 PM
The first one I didn't mean things like writing in the dust. I meant actually putting "Good smelling room" over the room that smells good. Of course, the letters would disappear when you enter the room (and reappear when you exit) so you can see the room.

Second, the notebook thing is great, I would love to see it. Great for things like first kill and such. But writing down every single alter/forge/shop/whatelse would kinda be tedious. And especially annoying when you die and wrote down all that good info.

BlkDucky
01-17-2010, 03:00 PM
Your idea is bad because your PC can't move mouse over a room.

:confused:
It's meant to represent the PCs memory. For example, the PC can remember where an altar is, why not something else the player thinks is interesting? I certainly would consider a room with walls covered with mirrors interesting.

Fullmoon
01-21-2010, 04:01 AM
Second, the notebook thing is great, I would love to see it. Great for things like first kill and such. But writing down every single alter/forge/shop/whatelse would kinda be tedious. And especially annoying when you die and wrote down all that good info.

Well, you just can use a piece of paper in real world. And again, this was proposed and discussed long ago. And in the end, what Creator will choose, we don't know.

fazisi
01-21-2010, 02:51 PM
I used to keep a txt file where I would dump ADOM PC information such as first kill, altar & shop & herb dungeon levels, the odd note of which rooms I had locked cats in, etc. Now I just use the monster memory to remember the first kill if I even bother (AoLS don't come by often for me) and I normally ignore the rest.