PDA

View Full Version : Omym Does It Exist?!?!?

The Metro Gnome
12-27-2009, 02:22 AM
srry bout the CAPS, but I am looking for a gaming laptop that has XP on it. I've looked almost everywhere and only found vista ones. Does anyone know where to find one. (Hint: Can't take off W7 or Vista to put on XP because then none of the hardware would work)

And help would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

Dudley
12-27-2009, 03:18 AM
mac. This message was too short to be generated. *sigh*

The Metro Gnome
12-27-2009, 07:01 PM
Out of my price range. Any other ideas?

Grey
12-27-2009, 08:43 PM
You can get laptops with no pre-installed OS, or with Linux installed. They normally come with driver disks for XP. Heck, even a Win7 or Vista machine will have XP drivers available online. Some netbooks come with XP installed, but that may not be what you're after.

The Metro Gnome
12-27-2009, 09:32 PM
I was thinking about putting either Ubuntu of Mint Linux on it, but I will have to look up and see if downloading the software for it will work. Thanks!

spectre
12-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Y'know, I find it hard to believe that hardware will not work under XP. Unless it is really really shitty company behind it. Make a list of all the innards and check some driver website for it.

BlkDucky
01-14-2010, 12:27 AM
Y'know, I find it hard to believe that hardware will not work under XP. Unless it is really really shitty company behind it. Make a list of all the innards and check some driver website for it.

This. ;)

This part is totally not a filler. :D

The Metro Gnome
01-16-2010, 04:39 PM
I was actually thinking of getting a windows 7 premium with the nifty xp mode. But I heard it was not good.