PDA

View Full Version : Neutral, pious...skeleton?

3AM
03-27-2009, 05:34 AM
Grug, the orcish barbarian, was sacrificed by a skeleton to its gods.

This was on a neutral altar. I never would have thought a skeleton could do that. Hell, I never thought undead could sacrifice, period, since they're undead.

Lesson learned...

sgeos
03-27-2009, 05:48 AM
Clearly the skeleton thought you were strong enough to convert the altar.

tapi
04-01-2009, 10:40 PM
Haha I've had this happen to me too, wouldn't think skeleton were pious or neutral anyways

psy_wombats
04-02-2009, 02:06 AM
Is this an instance where Know Alignment would've been useful...?

vogonpoet
04-02-2009, 06:56 AM
Yes, yes it is.

In fact, the Know Alignment spell and SoGreaterIdentify are incredibly useful, IF you don't spoil yourself silly reading the GB. So there.

Elone
04-02-2009, 12:01 PM
While methods of identification are neccessary in every game, because items shift their appearances and properties with each game, knowing the alignment of monsters is something that the player (and not character) needs to learn over several charactes. The spell of Know Alignment is far more OOC (out of character) and identification methods are more IC (in character).

vogonpoet
04-02-2009, 01:16 PM
Yeah, but if you tried to play all your PCs in character they would always die at the Bansee level anyway.

It would be pretty hard to play ADOM in character... you would have to eat at least one kobald corpse early in the game before learning not to, you would have to race to the pyramid as soon as you got Rehetep's message, you would have to dive all the way down to the dwarven portal before asking Thrundar about it, etc. etc.

I suppose it might be fun to try such a game though - actually slog around 'c'hatting to everyone, to try and work out what the hell is going on ;)

Epythic
04-02-2009, 02:29 PM
I suppose it might be fun to try such a game though - actually slog around 'c'hatting to everyone, to try and work out what the hell is going on ;)

Agree. I wish I had never read the GB.

RndmNumGenerator
04-03-2009, 04:32 PM
Yeah, but if you tried to play all your PCs in character they would always die at the Bansee level anyway.

Not if you listen to the mad minstrel:

The Banshee sings a strangely compelling song,
No one can listen to it for long.
You better beware
And take care.
Beware is what you need,
Understand this verb and take heed.

Epythic
04-03-2009, 06:48 PM
Not if you listen to the mad minstrel:

The Banshee sings a strangely compelling song,
No one can listen to it for long.
You better beware
And take care.
Beware is what you need,
Understand this verb and take heed.

Of course, that implies your PC goes to the mad minstrel first, and listens to his songs until this one is generated. Possible, but unlikely.

boris_pankov@inbox.ru
04-15-2009, 03:57 PM
I have found how to deal with banshee with my second char who managed to get that far even without knowing about internet Adom community or GB. :)
that guarantied bee hive before banshee level spoils the game i think ))