PDA

View Full Version : Torchlight PC game

fifthflavorquark
01-03-2010, 04:08 AM
Has anyone tried Torchlight?

It looks like a roguelike with graphics. I tried the demo for about five minutes, but it didn't do much for me. Lots of pretty, not lots of depth.

But I only tried it for about five minutes.

Any opinions?

yisk
01-03-2010, 09:20 AM
Try to try it for more then five minutes. =)
And then tell us about this game.

Silfir
01-03-2010, 01:51 PM
Torchlight is the Diablo III that is already there, so to speak. It's the best Diablo clone I have played in a long time.

If you haven't enjoyed five minutes of it, you either haven't yet learned the game well enough to know whether it is any good, or you have and it isn't, then that's that. I advise playing the Vanquisher (the hawt chick) and use guns and Ricochet, it took a lot of levels until that got sort of old.

spectre
01-04-2010, 10:34 PM
Dunno, maybe I played for too little, but the cartoony art direction ruined it for me. It didn't feel right. But the music is awesome, I'll give it that.

omega_red
01-10-2010, 07:51 PM
I quite liked it, be sure to play at least on hard though.
There is even a ironman contest: http://forums.runicgames.com/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=5889&start=0

Alucard
01-11-2010, 12:40 AM
It's the latest Diablo clone. It's more polished but less deep storywise. It has several improvements (like the pet and how it can return to town and sell items for you). It was made by several of the same people who did Diablo II (e.g. the music guy). It's good and you should have bought it over the holidays while it was on sale - $5 made it an utter steal :)