PDA

View Full Version : Ogre generated on 1st level of 1st dungeon for 1st level character

Khym Chanur
05-20-2012, 09:49 PM
I have a level 1 character exploring the 1st level of the starter dungeon (it's a maze), and I ran into an ogre while still at character level one. Is the game supposed to generate highly out-of-depth monsters like that, or is it a bug? I can upload a save if needed.

Al-Khwarizmi
05-21-2012, 07:27 AM
A lvl. 1 troll monk of mine just entered the CoC and got slaughtered by troll brutes and hydras... although maybe it's because it's the CoC and I'm now supposed to go elsewhere first, which would be OK.

Al-Khwarizmi
05-21-2012, 02:35 PM
A lvl. 1 troll monk of mine just entered the CoC and got slaughtered by troll brutes and hydras... although maybe it's because it's the CoC and I'm now supposed to go elsewhere first, which would be OK.
No, it was apparently not due to being the CoC... I just went to the CoC with another lvl. 1 troll monk and this one got rats and goblins in the first level, as usual. So the previous behaviour was probably a bug (the same one reported by the OP I guess).

Orbic
05-22-2012, 07:16 AM
It seems that when you end a game (i.e. die) with a rather high level char, the next char generated gets high danger level dungeons - first floor.

This needs further testing, but going downstairs the DL seems appropriate again.