Good Learner and Great Learner
issueid=100 04-06-2010 08:00 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Albahan: 7
Good Learner and Great Learner
They give a larger % Exp boost than they say

According to reliable sources (as in I haven't actually tested it myself) the good learner talent can give up to a 40% bonus to exp instead of the 2% and the Great Learner value is supposedly also wrong.
Issue Details
Issue Number 100
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Unknown
Status Fixed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 1.1.1
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 1
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-17-2012 05:08 PM
Administrator
Fixed.

09-25-2012 02:04 PM
Don't you think this makes those talents useless?
Maybe it's better to increase bonus to, like, 10 and 20 percent? Maybe even more.

10-20-2012 09:53 PM
I like playing for Trolls. They are slow, dumb and strong almost like me except of the last one.
3% is more than enough for trolls. Leave the books and manuals for nerdy elves.

10-21-2012 11:57 AM
Ancient Member
I strongly agree with Spellweaver. In fact, I have the feeling 10% and 20% is on the low side. The experience table is exponential. This means that even with a 20% bonus to experience, you're usually just one level ahead of where you would normally be for the majority of the game. A bonus of 3% is very marginal. Most of the time it will leave you at the same experience level as you would be without it.

10-23-2012 11:34 AM
When bonus was 40%, it was not that OP, and even then this talent was not picked every time.

08-15-2014 10:51 AM
Even 10% is useless for faster races. Maybe if it was 10% less exp required. 10% more experience isn't as usefull due to diminishing exp per kill.

08-16-2014 08:57 PM
Cup provides a 10% experience bonus... hardly "overpowered"... and particularly in comparison, a 2% bonus to experience points gained is absolutely trivial. Even moreso when one weighs the opportunity cost of this talent - instead of 2 extra XP for every 100 XP you earn, one could have +1 PV, or +2 Speed, or +1 DV- none of those being particularly irrelevant, particularly in the early game where survival is most difficult, and all of those opening up several worthwhile talents down the line. Please fix these talents and make them worthwhile - indeed, while I'm not saying every talent should be equal, every talent should have a use and a purpose, such that some people, at least some of the time, would want to take it. No one in their right minds will take either of these talents at present, for any character build, not even trolls. That is a problem. There are many other talents that have this problem. It should not be the case that so many people say that only a few select talents are worth taking. Honestly, how many people are going to take "Strong Kicker", outside of noobs who don't know that it's useless? The fact that we only see a few specific talent trees over and over again on winning builds is so dull and boring to me, frankly.

Specifically, though, I suggest that this talent provide a 10%, minimum, bonus to experience point gained, with Great Learner making it 20%.

08-17-2014 11:13 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Spellweaver
Don't you think this makes those talents useless?
Maybe it's better to increase bonus to, like, 10 and 20 percent? Maybe even more.
+1 XP bonus should be increased to be in double digits range.

+ Reply