Waiting gives satiation
issueid=1144 08-04-2012 06:20 PM
Number of reported issues by Kyreles: 21
Waiting gives satiation
w5 can give satiation under some circumstances.

Code:
There is a stair leading downwards here. The kobold shoots and arrow at you!
You are wounded.
You climb downwards...
There is a stair leading upwards here.
You focus your magical energies to release the spell. Which direction
[78946123, Z = ABORT] ?
The large bat is hit by the fire bolt! The large bat is killed!
You become more efficient in using the 'Fire Bolt' spell (now +5).
You sense a certain tension.
There is a stair leading upwards here.
You close the door.
A large bat corpse (60s) is lying here.
You start to consume the large bat corpse. You are done eating the large bat
corpse. Tastes like chicken.
You really feel satiated now.
Playing with Windows 7 (64 bit). Between eating the corpse and the last message all I did was w5 to regen hp and pp. The bat corpse left me at normal (not hungry or satiated), and after w5 I am bloated. I tried it again. Got back to normal, ate a dwarven sausage and hit w5. Got the "You really feel satiated now" message again. Again with an orc corpse.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1144
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Other (please specify)
Status Fixed
Priority 8
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 2
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 3
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 4
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-04-2012 07:03 PM
Ancient Member
Is this on 1.2.0?

08-04-2012 07:53 PM
Administrator
Is this reproducable with a new character or just the one you were playing? In any case, can you provide me with a saved game? Thanks!

08-04-2012 08:49 PM
Ancient Member
I also received the "You really feel satiated now" message, shortly after eating an ogre corpse. Version played is 1.2.0 prerelease 1 for DOS.

08-04-2012 10:35 PM
It occured by going up stairs immediately after eating some hurthling bread, as shown by this screenshot:

08-04-2012 10:45 PM
Administrator
Note to self: this is probably related to the bugfix for the following bug (listed in Issue 25):

"If the PC eats a lot of cursed stomacemptia herbs (from 20 to 30, dependant on To), he will go from Starving! to Starved without dying."

08-05-2012 07:20 PM
If this helps, every action i do after eating something that makes me bloated results in the 'You really feel satiated now.' message. I'm not sure if it affects the amount of food points you have or if it's just a superfluous message...

08-16-2012 07:58 PM
I get a similar result to the one Cheatman got. A couple turns after I become Bloated, I get the message.

08-16-2012 08:31 PM
Ancient Member
please delete this

08-21-2012 07:02 PM
I can provide a save game in order to reproduce this bug if needed.

08-22-2012 08:45 PM
Administrator
Note to self: the problem is connected to the changes from Issue 25, which I think are correct.

ADOM 1.2.0 prints "You really feel satiated now" if you continue eating stuff and your satiation level rises from "satiated" to "bloated". I think this didn't happen with ADOM 1.1.1 (need to verify this).

EDIT: further debugging shows that the satiation level is correct. If the PC gets bloated, the status line indicates this immediately by showing the "Bloated" status. The bug is that the message "you really feel satiated now." is only printed _after_ the next action of the PC. This never happened with ADOM 1.1.1 because the message wasn't printed with that version due to wrong satiation level change detection.

08-28-2012 09:27 PM
Administrator
Fixed. Now there are two places where the satiation level change is detected, so the "You really feel satiated now." message is displayed directly after the PC gets bloated.

+ Reply