visible invisible stalker is "someone" or "something"
issueid=1302 10-24-2012 08:10 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Sami: 91
visible invisible stalker is "someone" or "something"

When player can't see invisible and throws a potion of visibility at invisible stalker, the invisible stalker will still be referred as "someone" or "something" (even if named), like in the following messages:
"This is someone. She is hostile. Something is not injured."
"Someone misses you."
"You kick someone and moderately hurt it. Ambaretelydes, the great blue wyrm, attacks something. Something is killed!

If player can see invisible, the monster is still displayed as invisible stalker.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1302
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Linux
Status Fixed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM 1.1.1
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 9
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-24-2012 09:08 PM
Ancient Member
Also happens with other invisible monsters (such as ogre magus or a goblin that drank potion of invisibility) that are then made visible with potion of visibility.

10-24-2012 09:29 PM
Ancient Member
I have reported this under illogical messages, but I think it fits better as a separate issue like this.

10-24-2012 10:09 PM
Ancient Member
I checked also those illogical messages before posting this, but I don't think this was reported yet (and was about to report this one there as well but realized this is a bit more complex than simply illogical message under certain situation).
If you meant (64) or (92), both those are a bit similar but still very different.
This bug is about that you can see the monster because it's visible (because potion of visibility overrides invisibility) but what generates the messages thinks you can't see it. Also if you have +SeeI, you'll see those visible invisible monsters as invisible instead of visible.

(64) Calming an invisible stalker without +SeeI: "Something appears to be rather bored.", "Something calms down." Possibly related to the bug that allows you to pickpocket them.
(92) Wishing for a monster while blind gives the following message: "Suddenly someone/something appears." A blind PC should have no way of knowing that. The same happens if you wish for an invisible stalker without +SeeI.

10-24-2012 10:13 PM
Ancient Member
was about to report this one there as well but realized this is a bit more complex than simply illogical message under certain situation
My thoughts also.

The entry was #50, I deleted it with a link to this issue :) The original text read:

(50) After that, I then threw a potion of visibility at the spot he was on. That made him hostile and visible in the map, but 'l'ooking at him gave odd text. I tried the same with wished-for titans (casting Invisibility on them before throwing the potion) and invisible stalkers.

If I put a ring of see invisible on, messages are displayed correctly.

10-24-2012 10:20 PM
Ancient Member
Ok, so i couldn't see that entry because it was invisible... Or something like that.

01-10-2013 05:04 PM
The Creator
Fixed.

+ Reply