[balance] make chaos knights start with thick gauntlets
issueid=1391 12-07-2012 09:09 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by grobblewobble: 72
[balance] make chaos knights start with thick gauntlets

With no possibility to buy from ratling traders, poison hands is really harsh. I think thick gauntlets fit a chaos knight?
Issue Details
Issue Number 1391
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 6
Implemented Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 7
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-07-2012 10:09 AM
Perhaps a slightly more complex implementation could have the Chaos Knight given equipment dependent on their starting corruptions.

So, for instance, if starting with Poison Hands, let the Chaos Knight also start with Thick Gauntlets. It makes conceptual sense, since if you have been living your life with poison hands, you're probably going to already have stuff to allow you to eat.

12-07-2012 10:39 AM
Ancient Member
Other classes start with thick gauntlets, so it makes sense for the Chaos Knight to get it too. Dependence on corruption is an unnecessary complexity.

12-07-2012 11:43 AM
Ancient Member
which class does? Cause i only know some race/class comboes which do.

12-07-2012 12:30 PM
Ancient Member
That's what I meant.

12-07-2012 01:52 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Grey
That's what I meant.
What i really meant is that i would like chaos knights get stuff dependant on race, like:
-dwarves and orcs - thick gauntlets.
-hurthligs - don't know maybe ring of tp control -although that is tad too much.
-elves some sort of mithril visor blocking aura corruption which eventually makes shopkeepers hostile
-gnomes some magic gloves blocking mana absorption from wands....

Or give them option like hunt Kranach o behalf from crime lord to obtain thick gauntlets. Well, that i just thought off but it could work I think.

12-07-2012 01:54 PM
Ancient Member
Hmm, having Kranach always drop thick gauntlets would be good. It would explain that his huge poison attack is due to corruption.

12-07-2012 01:57 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Grey
Hmm, having Kranach always drop thick gauntlets would be good. It would explain that his huge poison attack is due to corruption.
You meant Hotz guy, right?

12-07-2012 05:36 PM
Ancient Member
Chaos knights (the monster) have a chance of dropping thick gauntlets in addition to their eternium gear. So it kind of makes sense for the PC to start with some too...

12-07-2012 06:40 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Soirana
You meant Hotz guy, right?
Yes, whoops. Hotz always dropping thick gauntlets would be good for the game in general - a guaranteed way of dealing with poison hands, but on a semi-powerful boss.

12-08-2012 01:28 PM
Since a PC entering the Drakalor Chain doesn't come naked, we can assume he has prepared for the journey. I can't imagine a person with corruptions like teleport/poison hands or some new stuff (e.g. mouth tentacles) starting an adventure w/o some countermeasures.

Edit: I think a situation when player hits Shift+Q (or at least has a strong desire to) right after character creation screen is a design flaw. Well, I didn't quit when I generated a trollish CK with both poison hands and teleport, but then again I do have some experience; guys that'll buy the game on Steam - who knows.

12-08-2012 06:41 PM
The Creator
Chaos knights now flat out receive thick gauntlets.

+ Reply