Mist elf hunger rate too low
issueid=1544 12-24-2012 04:01 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Grey: 58
Mist elf hunger rate too low
Mist elves take pretty much forever to get hungry

This may be intentional, but it feels buggy. Mist elves have such a low rate of hunger that you can go many many game days without moving from bloated to satiated, even when Strained. You can sit by an altar and keep pressing w5 waiting for monster to appear because there's no hunger imperative t go hunt them down. With the acid spit sorruption you can spit through hundreds of enemies without any resource loss. Eating when you want to (for intrinsics) actually becomes a chore.

I was under the impression from a twitter status that misties would get about half the regular hunger rate. It seems like they have 1/100th. Only you know if this is a bug, TB, but I'd at least suggest that at the moment the effect is too extreme.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1544
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 9
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 7
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 9
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-24-2012 04:43 AM
Ancient Member
On the creator's FB page, there is a discussion about this: https://www.facebook.com/thomas.bisk.../4116273072764

It's intentional, but maybe a bit needing of tweaking. Intrinsics are an interesting thing... Half hunger rate would be a massive advantage. 1/100, that becomes interesting.

12-24-2012 06:25 AM
What I guessed from my experience was that MEs had natural hunger 0, but other factors (Strained, artifacts) were normal or close to it. The altar thing is a concern early on, but food is only a serious concern for characters that don't have access to stoma anyway---while it's true that a character can no longer sacrifice lots of stoma for crowning, they can easily grab a similar number and camp an altar with it in hand or stashed close by.

Additionally, the reduced hunger can actually present a liability, in that it is difficult to eat a lot of corpses for intrinsics. Not too big a concern, but it can certainly come up. So I'm not too concerned with this---and it's a nice way to make up for the fact that your character is liable to perish quickly and randomly.

12-24-2012 07:44 AM
Ancient Member
It was pretty brutal with my farmer (granted, they have reduced food consumption as is). Even sulphuric acid corruption didn't seem to budge food consumption, and wandering around with a cloak of invisibility, a couple artifacts, thin and nimble corruption and Strained!, I still found food consumption to be much slower than a regular PC--to the point that I was hoarding ant and rat corpses to try to reduce satiation. With stomaceptia bug fixed it wouldn't be quite so bad, I suppose, but I do feel that the current rate is a little excessive.

12-24-2012 07:47 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer
Even sulphuric acid corruption didn't seem to budge food consumption
This sounds like a bug of its own to me, unlimited acid spit was probably not intentional..

12-24-2012 09:35 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer
...to the point that I was hoarding ant and rat corpses to try to reduce satiation.
I've noticed that eating Spider corpses makes the PC vomit, but doesn't empty the stomach. Is there a reason for this or should I file a bug report?

12-24-2012 01:37 PM
Ancient Member
Yeah, it seems like mist elf hunger reduction is not just applied to hunger rate, but to everything, including satiation drops. I also have some suspicions about satiation increases, after going from Hungry! to nothing after eating two uncursed fortune cookies.

01-10-2013 04:28 PM
The Creator
Oops, stupid me. Yes, not only normal hunger but all types of energy consumption were affected. Fixed!

+ Reply