Losing stats when only hungry?
issueid=1844 01-24-2013 07:55 AM
Number of reported issues by Leen Droogendijk: 43
Losing stats when only hungry?
Losing stats when only hungry

My Chaos Knight lost a statpoint on 4 different stats in one turn while he was just hungry.
There were no messages, so it was not caused by abusing the stats.
It was a temporary effect, i.e. the stats were restored after eating.

I am not entirely sure if this is a bug, I have seen these stat decreases before, but only under a more severe hunger status.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1844
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Linux
Status Fixed
Priority 4
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 9
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 21
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 3
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

01-24-2013 09:46 AM
Not a bug. TB recently changed the way Starvation works. Basically, it takes you a lot longer to get to Starving! from Hungry, but you start losing stats before you get there.

01-24-2013 11:22 AM
Thanks, missed that. I have added some feedback to bug #1399.

01-24-2013 01:33 PM
Ancient Member
I actually think it may very well be a bug, even if it arised as a side effect of the starvation change. It probably wasn't intentional.

01-24-2013 01:54 PM
Ancient Member
Agreed it is almost certainly a bug since it is exactly opposite in intent to what the suggestion was asking for that TB implemented. I think it's fine to have this bug report, as the one I opened about this was massively wrong in its title/original description.

Also this is a very high priority, imo (greater than a 5), so you might want to change that :)

01-24-2013 02:48 PM
8 was already greater than 5, but I changed it to 4. Don't want to make Thomas unhappy :)

01-24-2013 02:52 PM
Ancient Member
Well, higher priority is lower number (1 is highest, 10 is lowest), so I guess my post is a bit confusing, but it all worked out in the end :p

01-24-2013 03:04 PM
Fortunately I am confusion resistant, Theta. I was just pretending to misunderstand you :)

01-24-2013 03:17 PM
Ancient Member
It can't be intentional, otherwise there's no point in progressively warning the PC about hunger. Might as well do away with the "Hungry" statuses and make the PC take a bit longer to go from regular satiation to straight starvation in that case :p

11-23-2013 09:18 AM
Ancient Member
If this is intended, at least let the player know through a message or much better let the attributes only drop when reaching the 'very hungry status' indicated by 'Hungry!'.

01-22-2014 08:24 PM
Agreed with Stingray.

01-23-2014 06:46 AM
The Creator
So this effect now only kicky in with "Hungry!" and beyond. Additionally you will get a more serious warning when becoming "Hungry!", the tutorial contains an extra hint explaining the temporary attribute deterioration and I have enlarged the distance between "Hungry" and "Hungry!" (without altering the total speed of starvation).

+ Reply