Pressing space key is equivalent to pressing 'm' key when examining creatures.
issueid=1853 01-26-2013 05:07 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by SirTheta: 79
Pressing space key is equivalent to pressing 'm' key when examining creatures.
Pressing the space key brings up the description of a monster if you are viewing it by examining it. It should exit instead, as it does most other places.

as above.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1853
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 6
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 10
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 17
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-04-2013 09:02 PM
Administrator
I can't reproduce this... which OS are you using? Are you using SAGE?

02-04-2013 10:45 PM
Ancient Member
No sage, on Linux. (32-bit debian). I also have toggle that acceptable key presses for the more prompt (Fast_More) if that makes any difference (don't know why it would).

02-04-2013 11:41 PM
Administrator
Odd, seems to work fine here. Or maybe I don't understand the problem correctly. Can you describe in more detail which keys you press?

If I "l"ook at a monster and press "space", the "l"ook mode is quit and no monster description is shown (on my Debian VM).

02-05-2013 03:40 AM
Ancient Member
Okay, interesting, interesting. Try binding examine to the 'x' key instead of the 'l' key and see if the problem occurs, then. I have a hunch this is the problem since it does not occur in my local installation with default keybindings but does occur on the server with some custom keybindings.

all you do is move the cursor over a monster and press space.

02-05-2013 09:06 PM
Administrator
Sorry, I still can't reproduce this... even if I bind the "l"ook command to the "x" key.

02-06-2013 07:02 AM
Ancient Member
You are correct (really quite sorry about this, should have done my research beforehand). If you use the this .adom.kbd : http://ancardia.us.to/adom_users/sir...0p10/.adom.kbd , the problem occurs. I am not sure what exactly the problem is--perhaps the introduction of laptop keybindings to the move keys (though I have no idea why that would affect it). I currently do not have the time to investigate, and it would probably be a waste of your time to do so for me, so considered this closed for now, until I have time and can pinpoint the precise problem.

09-16-2013 07:59 PM
Administrator
That was a tricky one. Your key mapping did not include a mapping for the 'M' key which confused ADOM when checking if the 'M'ore key was pressed. Fixed.

+ Reply