1. Start P14
2. Quit
3. Observe the date on the ~/.adom.data/.HISCORE file
4. Wait 61 seconds
5. Start P14
6. Quit at the main menu
7. Observe the date on the ~/.adom.data/.HISCORE file
8. Repeat 4-7 as you wish

I can see rewriting the HS file upon the first start of P14, to make it the new format, but I feel like doing it on every startup is a bug. It does it even when I'm just dumping the hi scores to plain text with -S.

This caused me some consternation because a server script uses inotify to watch the .HISCORE file for writes, then dumps the scores to plain text using -S when it sees one, which triggers another write to .HISCORE in P14, which causes the script to ask for a score dump again (because inotify saw and queued the notification of the write), which . . . loop.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2161
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Linux
Status Fixed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 14
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 15
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

05-27-2013 07:30 PM
Administrator
The new highscore format contains a flag indicating if the highscore was modified. The plan was to reset this flag once the highscore was transmitted to the server. The code for the server access is not active yet, so the flag never gets reset and therefore the highscore file is written again each time.

I hope we can add the network code for the next Prerelease which will fix this problem.

07-27-2013 01:35 PM
Administrator
ADOM doesn't write the highscore and achievement files on every startup any more.

+ Reply