Digging never breaks a pickaxe.
issueid=2225 07-11-2013 06:22 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Stingray1: 97
Digging never breaks a pickaxe.

Pickaxes used to break quite often when using them to dig.

It seems that pickaxes are unbreakable now. Haven't tested with other means of breaking them, though.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2225
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 8 (NotEye)
Status Fixed
Priority 3
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 14
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 19
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 4
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-11-2013 09:25 AM
Ancient Member
In the thread in which this was brought up, it was speculated that it had something to do with fixing the inverted luck influence on fireproof blankets being destroyed:

Quote Originally Posted by grobblewobble
I wonder if this has anything to do with taking the luck bonus into account properly. Luck used to make fireproof blankets more likely to burn but that got fixed, maybe this was part of the same fix?

07-11-2013 11:05 AM
Ancient Member
Digging out several levels of UD entirely without breaking a single pickaxe doesn't seem to be a luck-related thing, really. I did that in p14.

08-01-2013 06:02 PM
Administrator
It's caused by the material of the pick axe. I need more information from Thomas to fix this. :)

08-01-2013 06:39 PM
Ancient Member
I'm guessing that non-metal items can't be broken now due to 1698 and pickaxes are made of wood instead of iron?

08-01-2013 08:18 PM
Administrator
Well, pick axes (currently) are neither made of metal or wood, so they don't break. ;)

11-14-2013 07:39 PM
Administrator
Fixed (also fixed hatchet, wands and keys).

11-15-2013 04:48 PM
Quote Originally Posted by jt
(also fixed hatchet, wands and keys).
Just one question - how were they fixed? I have just broken (pre18) a pack of wands, and lost/broke few of keys during my gameplay, so it is not that they were unbreakable.

11-16-2013 12:29 AM
Quote Originally Posted by jt
Fixed (also fixed hatchet, wands and keys).
Would this mean that we will be able to repair pickaxes with Smithing?

11-16-2013 09:04 AM
Administrator
Quote Originally Posted by skarczew
Just one question - how were they fixed? I have just broken (pre18) a pack of wands, and lost/broke few of keys during my gameplay, so it is not that they were unbreakable.
They were added to a function that checks if items can be broken at all. This was used in more places than before (after fixing issue issue 1698) and items like the pick axe or hatchet were ignored, so they couldn't break.

So you are right that keys and wands could break before this bugfix, but for example they were never generated with "broken" status or couldn't break when reading a cursed scroll of repair.

11-16-2013 09:07 AM
Administrator
Quote Originally Posted by asdf
Would this mean that we will be able to repair pickaxes with Smithing?
No. Maybe you should create an RFE for this?

+ Reply