'Soaker's' Weight Suspicious
issueid=2397 10-18-2013 01:39 PM
Number of reported issues by Kurasu: 24
'Soaker's' Weight Suspicious
For a two-handed weapon, Soaker is perhaps *too* light?

Playing in one of the pre. games, I happened to pickpocket a 10s spear: Soaker. It was only then that I realized just how stupidly light the weapon is, for a two-handed spear. Even as an artifact, 10s seems *awfully* low. Was this a typo, and intended to be 100s?

If it's not a mistake, I say 'leave it as it is', but it seems awfully suspicious to me for a two-hander.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2397
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 5
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 22
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-18-2013 01:59 PM
Ancient Member
"Is that a spear in your pocket or are you just....."

10-18-2013 02:19 PM
Ancient Member
It's an artifact. It weighs what it damn well pleases.

10-18-2013 06:03 PM
Ancient Member
Yes, there is a bug here. Soaker was obviously intended to be one-handed. :D

10-19-2013 03:09 AM
Ancient Member
Khelavaster, the ancient sage, takes the blessed shining long spear "Soaker". Khelavaster, the ancient sage, suddenly seems to be very excited. Khelavaster, the ancient sage, starts to move his hands according to ancient arcane rituals you never before have witnessed. Nothing special seems to happen. Khelavaster, the ancient sage, suddenly seems to panic! Khelavaster, the ancient sage, quaffs the blessed potion of youth. Khelavaster, the ancient sage, seems to be revitalized! You feel Mana collecting around you. Magic seems to be drawn from everywhere to center upon this place. Nothing happens. Suddenly Khelavaster, the ancient sage, looks very sad. Khelavaster, the ancient sage, mumbles under his breath: "I no longer hath any *cough* use for such *cough* implements." The goodwife seems to chuckle. The goodwife seems to chuckle. The goodwife seems to chuckle. The goodwife seems to chuckle. Khelavaster, the ancient sage, seems to be enraged! Khelavaster, the ancient sage, suddenly seems to stop for a moment. You feel a change of mind in a being close to you. Khelavaster, the ancient sage, regards you with eyes full of sorrow and pain. Khelavaster, the ancient sage, invokes an incantation. A black bolt hurls down from the sky! Khelavaster, the ancient sage, is hit by incredible magical energies! Khelavaster, the ancienct sage, is instantly killed! As you watch your friend perish, you are reminded of the old teachings saying that everything has a time to pass on.

04-22-2014 05:52 AM
The Creator
Fixed.

And triple-LOL at _Ln_'s comment :-D

+ Reply