Hunger penalties to stats not shown until redraw
issueid=2414 10-25-2013 08:08 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by SirTheta: 79
Hunger penalties to stats not shown until redraw
above.

As you can see in the following image gallery, the stats part of the screen is not updated until the screen is redrawn (whether that be manually or by changing Hunger status): http://imgur.com/a/qpUty#0

somewhat relatedly...I thought this change had been rolled back?
Issue Details
Issue Number 2414
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Linux
Status Fixed
Priority 6
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 17
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 18
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

10-25-2013 02:10 PM
Ancient Member
somewhat relatedly...I thought this change had been rolled back?
I'm afraid not. It's annoying, since it achieves the opposite result of what the RFE intended.

10-28-2013 01:48 PM
Administrator
Which RFE do you mean?

10-28-2013 01:53 PM

10-28-2013 02:32 PM
Ancient Member
There are not many comments in that RFE after the fix (probably because it got buried down the forum), but the issue was discussed in several threads of the general forum IIRC, and the general consensus seemed to be that stat drops on "Hungry" are a bad idea because they come without any warning. Stat drops should kick in when "Hungry!" so that the player has time to eat before getting ill effects.

10-28-2013 03:22 PM
Ancient Member
I personally would leave starvation stat drops like in 1.1.1, and simply make the "Hungry" status appear earlier, so that you have more time to eat or find some food before you really have to.

10-28-2013 04:00 PM
Ancient Member
Yeah, basically what the original poster of 1399 was suggesting in his first suggestion, I quote:

"> Contract the distance between [no status] and 'Hungry'. This means that the player becomes aware earlier on that they need to go and acquire food. It would also take some of the panic out of seeing the 'Hungry' warning and normalize it somewhat."

Then me explaining what he meant:

Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1
As in the original poster's 1st suggestion:

Maybe request that the 'Very Hungry' status moved further away from the 'Starving' status and 'Hungry' closer to 'Normal'. That will have no impact on the current system and you won't move from 'Very Hungry' to 'Starving' so quickly.
Some other posters also stated that this was what they'd prefer.

10-28-2013 06:12 PM
Administrator
Fixed (the original issue). I will remind the Creator to check this issue and 1399. :)

10-30-2013 01:50 PM
Stingray has the right of what I meant.

+ Reply