Viewing monster descriptions in ASCII crashes NotEYE
issueid=2448 11-05-2013 11:39 PM
Number of reported issues by Deathwind: 1

Attempting to view a monster description while the display mode is set to ASCII crashes the NotEYE script, choosing to restart the script will give the player a blank screen until they hit ESC twice to exit the description.

This appears to be related to the change that brings up an image of the monster when viewing descriptions.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2448
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7 (NotEye)
Status Fixed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 18
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 19
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-05-2013 11:56 PM
I have a screenshot of the crash dialogue if needed, which hints at an error in vectors.noe line 23 [though the problem description is a bit cut off], though this should be easy enough to reproduce.

Note that it only seems to occur if the game is started up in ASCII mode; if the player switches from (initial) tiles to ASCII at any point during the game, the bug does not occur.

11-17-2013 08:23 AM
Administrator
Fixed by Zeno.

11-23-2013 01:30 PM
Ancient Member
It still crashes on windows 8 prerelease 19 when attempting to open the old barbarian's monster memory while in ASCII mode with the following error message in the NotEye console:

handling NotEye error #8: error: did not yield [./common/vectors.noe:27: attempt to perform arithmetic on field 'x' (a nil value)

11-23-2013 02:05 PM
Administrator
I couldn't reproduce this with Pre20 (tested on Windows 8 and OSX and starting directly in ASCII mode). Does it crash on all monster descriptions or just the old barbarian?

11-23-2013 02:48 PM
Ancient Member
I just tested it, it only happens if you start in ASCII mode. If you start in ASCII and change to tile and then back to ASCII it does not happen. I have only noticed it with the old barbarian. I will check other monsters too.

11-23-2013 04:08 PM
Administrator
Yes, I started in ASCII mode too. Zeno couldn't reproduce it either, so I think it is (finally?) fixed in Prerelease 20. :)

12-10-2013 05:35 PM
Ancient Member
This still happens for me in prerelease 20 Win8. It happens when I start up in ASCII and with any Monster Memory. Only when I change to tile mode and back to ASCII does it not happen. Is there maybe some file I was supposed to delete between releases?

12-10-2013 06:29 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1
This still happens for me in prerelease 20 Win8. It happens when I start up in ASCII and with any Monster Memory. Only when I change to tile mode and back to ASCII does it not happen. Is there maybe some file I was supposed to delete between releases?
When the version with Sage features came out I had to do a full hard drive search and delete everything that has "adom" in its filename. Only then they (Sage features) started to work.
This why I almost exclusively play on server :D

12-10-2013 06:47 PM
Administrator
Do you get the same error message as before or does it differ in Prerelease 20?

12-10-2013 07:57 PM
Ancient Member
It looks very similar, but of course in prerelease 20 I don't have the console to read the full message, but this is what I can see:
"error: did not yield [./common/vectors.noe:27: attempt to perform arithmetic on"

+ Reply