Add mini map #1 [ATR]
issueid=2797 04-09-2014 11:11 PM
The Creator
Number of reported issues by adom-admin: 499
Add mini map #1 [ATR]

As per ADOM: The Resurrection crowd funding campaign.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2797
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.1.1
Implemented Version ADOM r48
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

06-06-2014 03:01 PM
The Creator
I have addeda mini map consisting of 46 dungeon levels. Or rather: I have added six new kind of random dungeon to make the map somewhat more inhabited. These dungeons probably will be extended with niceties from the other 5 mini maps. Maybe. At least there is now more room for exploration :-)

Inspired by discussion in http://www.ancientdomainsofmystery.c...mes-allen.html

06-06-2014 10:43 PM
Wait, are you saying you've added a 6~ extra dungeons? That's awesome! I don't even care if they are generic or have no special features. :)

06-07-2014 07:05 AM
I will never tire of extra dungeons. :) ..and going back and reading the discussion on the subject, it sounds like a really good idea.

If it's not too much trouble, should most of them have a unique feature at the bottom? Just to keep it interesting. Like, if the bottom level of one of them is generated with the same algorithm as the second-bottom level of the puppy cave, and maybe some of the other have a minor vault, or some other visually interesting feature. (A part drawn with the pyramid or ice-temple graphics?) A pool or lake at the bottom of one, with a ring of some description in the middle of it, for those who have the ability to reach it. A throne at the bottom of one, with a mighty (but not too mighty) two-handed sword beside it. (I might be unintentionally remembering Conan there.) :) Things like that, that give the feel of a larger world and history .. but not necessarily a history that's relevant to this particular quest.

+ Reply