Add special for the day of funding (22th of August)
issueid=2804 04-09-2014 11:17 PM
The Creator
Number of reported issues by adom-admin: 499
Add special for the day of funding (22th of August)

As per ADOM: The Resurrection crowd funding campaign.
Issue Details
Issue Number 2804
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version ADOM 1.1.1
Implemented Version ADOM r48
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

04-10-2014 05:34 PM
Maybe we could have characters starting off with double gold on that day. Monk characters get an extra few pieces of fresh or dry meat. voting yes though.

04-10-2014 07:16 PM
Ancient Member
Since the crowd funding eventually lead to introduction of new items (among many other things), chars rolled on this day should get 3 extra random items, independent of r/c combination - a ring, an amulet and a wand - all of them between DL 1-10.
Starting with a RoDS could be interesting ;)

04-10-2014 09:34 PM
Ancient Member
It's apparently already possible to start with an RoDS. I've only heard of one instance of it in all my years following this game (I believe anon123 got it last year).

04-11-2014 04:18 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer
It's apparently already possible to start with an RoDS. I've only heard of one instance of it in all my years following this game (I believe anon123 got it last year).
Indeed it was me. I also managed to start with a ring of slaying, a pretty high-DL item. In both instances, the PC was a dark elf necromancer, so for all I know this is exclusive of them (but very, very rare nonetheless).

Anyway, what about making the PC start with some blessed scrolls of treasure creation, item creation, or both?

04-11-2014 05:01 PM
or a scroll/wand of familiar summon?

04-12-2014 01:18 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by JellySlayer
you can do it with a roller it just takes like 10k+ rolls

04-16-2014 06:13 PM
Ancient Member
What about starting with heir talent but 1 less talent overall. So you get heir for 1 instead of 3 (without prereqs?) but you have to pay it.
This might be too powerful, but it goes in line with the other starting with item suggestions.

Alternatively:
Start with "Boon to the Family" talent for free. That would double your starting gold, as some have suggested, and also unlock Heir at only 2 talents instead of 3, since you'd have "Boon". So it would do something even for Monks.

04-16-2014 08:46 PM
Ancient Member
Those are both pretty cool ideas. I'd prefer the latter since I like to spend my talents elsewhere.

05-11-2014 01:20 PM
The Creator
Added a special.

+ Reply