Increase drop rate for potions of potential -stat- slightly
issueid=2853 04-20-2014 10:49 PM
Number of reported issues by asdf: 54
Increase drop rate for potions of potential -stat- slightly

http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2832 - potions of -stat- and gain attrubutes does not raise stat potentials anymore if stat isnt maxed
http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=2847 - herbs do not increase stat potentials at all

Increasing drop rate for this potions from 500 to 600 will make a little bit more room for natural training, which is quickly becomes nonexistant in the mid-end game, where stat increases comes almost only from epic corpses/blessed potions of -stat-/blessed PoGAs.

Alternatively they could give +2-3 to potential stat instead of +2 when blessed.

ps - I feel that greater increases to 750 or even 1000 (or to +3/+4 when blessed) could still be balanced, but this small increase is on the safe side.

pps - Relevant RFE, created in p10 times - http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=1863
Issue Details
Issue Number 2853
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 22
Implemented Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 22
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

04-21-2014 12:28 AM
The Creator
Sadly ADOM only has 500 (uncommon) and 1000 (common) rarity weights for items. Doubling seems to be a bit too much to me. What do others think, especially nowadays also considering the idea of boosting blessed potions of potential ... to a +3 bonus instead of +2?

04-21-2014 12:56 AM
Ancient Member
Boosting potions of potentials sounds like a good idea. As for the drop rate I think it's well balanced. I usually find several for each stat over the course of the entire game (4-5 per stat) which feels fine.

04-21-2014 05:24 AM
Sounds good to me.

Another possibility is to make potions of boost stat permanently increase potential by one. I often end up selling these instead of drinking them.

04-21-2014 09:18 AM
Ancient Member
+3 adjustment to an attribute is bit too much for just one item that isn't too uncommon.

Anyway, this RFE is again just a RFE to try to counter other implementations. Every time the Creator implements something that might make the game more challenging, these RFEs do crop up.

04-21-2014 03:01 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Stingray1
Anyway, this RFE is again just a RFE to try to counter other implementations. Every time the Creator implements something that might make the game more challenging, these RFEs do crop up.
Yes, because the game is/was already quite challenging for most people. Can you lay off the "I'm an ADOM God" bit for like 10 seconds, dude?

04-21-2014 03:38 PM
The Creator
After thinking about this endlessly I for now have decided to change the blessed bonus to +3. We'll see how it works out with all these other changes.

04-21-2014 04:03 PM
Ancient Member
+3 potential is hardly better than +2 potential and +2 stat you get from blessed potion of stat if you're at maximum. And definitely worse than how potions of stat used to work (they gave +2 to stat and +4 to potential).

And some of the potentials are now ridiculously low, like weaker races/classes are capped around 10-15 To which makes them have less than 100 max hp at level 20. Sure wizards are meant to be physically weak class but being so weak that a single hit from a (now common) monster lurking around a corner or even a trap at higher DL may instant kill you from max hp is a bit too weak I think.

04-21-2014 08:32 PM
You no longer get +2 potential from a blessed potion of *stat*. (or rather, you do, but it's applied *before* you gain the stat. IIRC the +2 after (for +4 total) was a bug) So now potions of potential are far more useful.

+ Reply