Endlessly Respawning Snow Golems on IC: 1
issueid=2915 05-01-2014 08:15 PM
Number of reported issues by shockeroo: 50
Endlessly Respawning Snow Golems on IC: 1
The Snow Golems respawn every time you enter the area

The two snow golems standing on the gates at IC: 1 respawn every time you re-enter the area. They currently make for a nice little XP farm as they're worth 5k XP each and it's so easy to respawn them. I'm guessing this is not intentional, as no other monsters in the game respawn like this (to my knowledge anyway!)
Issue Details
Issue Number 2915
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 9
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 22
Fixed Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

05-02-2014 12:44 AM
Ancient Member
With the amount of monsters available to kill in this location, constantly respawning IC:1 to get experience is probably its own punishment. And XPs received are halved for every 30 monsters of the same kind you kill, so eventually you'd get very little from it.

By the way, there's a little glitch with this respawning under the Windows ASCII version. When you enter the ice queen's domain, a long message is printed and the white "Y"s are drawn in the screen before you are finished reading them all - so they appear in the wilderness map prior to the actual level change.

05-02-2014 01:05 AM
Ancient Member
IIRC that long message also gives a pretty good indication that this is intentional.

05-02-2014 01:21 AM
I didn't know about the XP halving, still, I milked them for a good 200K xp or so. My character was ridiculously powerful so it seemed like an abuse to respawn them; maybe for weaker characters it's a challenge.

05-05-2014 03:11 PM
The Creator
Actually it's intentional. But I forgot to take a little detail into account that only got added after implementing the snow golems. The general behavior will be the same but nothing is without consequence in the game :-) Fixed.

+ Reply