(L)ook mode - no more SPACE to quit?
issueid=3060 06-08-2014 04:46 PM
Number of reported issues by BFBeast666: 17
(L)ook mode - no more SPACE to quit?

It seems I'm turning into the resident (L)ook mode grouch here. Sorry if this has been asked before, but why can't I use the space bar anymore to quit the (L)ook mode? Every other menu, every other mode allows to use either space or Z to quit it. Since the mechanical overhaul to bring it in line with the archery code, the option of using space to quit look mode is gone, and at least for me it's a HUGE bummer.

I don't know if it's an issue in the graphical version, but the ASCII version definitely is affected.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3060
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All without NotEye
Status Fixed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Fixed Version ADOM r48
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 10
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-08-2014 05:37 PM
haha i hate that too! i think you can set a config file to make the spacebar the 'more' button. someone with experience in these matters might post how to do so. it's a right pain and i still bash space first before remembering i hae to press something else.

06-08-2014 06:08 PM
Ancient Member
I definitely would like the space bar cancelling to return.
Also, look command behavior is somehow annoying as it will prompt for (more) when you look at lots of items on a given tile.
In that case I don't even get the option to cancel with Z immediately and have to scroll through it.
I'd prefer to do it with space.

06-08-2014 06:39 PM
Yes, please bring back spacebar cancelling.

06-08-2014 08:31 PM
Ancient Member
I would be greatly annoyed at the lack of this and would thus want it back. +1

06-08-2014 10:32 PM
Does this need making into an RFE then? I'd like to see it back, and I totally agree with Blasphemous regarding junk piles on the floor.

06-09-2014 02:44 PM
Administrator
Fixed: space now cancels the "l"ook mode.

I need to ask Thomas about the item list problem mentioned by Blasphemous.

07-07-2014 07:40 AM
The Creator
Space behavior has been fixed. The item behavior has been like this for many years - which doesn't mean that it is great. But please post a separate RFE with an idea on how to improve it.

+ Reply