(Almost) no drowning damage in the water cave if character's max HP is very low
issueid=3081 06-18-2014 01:13 PM
Number of reported issues by Tihh: 25
(Almost) no drowning damage in the water cave if character's max HP is very low
Character takes no drowning damage if he has Swimming skill and max HP is less than 10.

I tried to kill some level 1 characters in the Water Dragon Cave and found that mist elven druids can safely walk to the Mother Dragon, look around, talk to her and leave.
It seems that characters that have max HP less than 10 take (practically) no drowning damage there, provided they know how to swim (typically mist elven characters have so low HP, and elementalists, druids, etc. with Swimming skill can do this).
If the max HP is greater than 10, he eventually drowns, if less than 10, he survives.

Moreover, animals are friendly to druids, so lv1 mist elven druids with low HP can visit that cave without any problems (only water elementals can attack them).
Issue Details
Issue Number 3081
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 5 - Medium
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 23
Fixed Version ADOM r48
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-18-2014 03:11 PM
Ancient Member
Back in 1.1.1 our joke challenge wizard with 1 max hp was able to survive indefinitely underwater without Swimming, so there is definitely no minimum damage.

06-19-2014 02:52 AM
Ancient Member
I recall using this to my advantage to solve one of JellySlayer's puzzles.

06-20-2014 02:01 PM
Come on, mist elves already can't use helms of water breathing, amulets of water breathing, or double-ring-of-the-fish, and now you want to take this away too? :P

06-22-2014 05:59 PM
You'll just have to bless your single ring of the fish :P

06-26-2014 08:16 PM
The Creator
Fixed.

+ Reply