'w5', 'w.', 'ws' and 'w?' does weird things on some versions (like goes into "Unknown command: 'ÿ'." loop)
issueid=3259 08-01-2014 10:27 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Sami: 91
'w5', 'w.', 'ws' and 'w?' does weird things on some versions (like goes into "Unknown command: 'ÿ'." loop)

On 64 bit and 32 bit ubuntu ascii versions hitting 'w5', 'w.', 'ws' or 'w?' enters into loop spamming "Unknown command: 'ÿ'." extremely rapidly (something like 20000 times per second on my system). The game still responds to other input normally, though commands requiring multiple keypresses, like ':m' must be entered by pasting the command.
On 64 bit ubuntu noteye version and on windows version (running with wine) w5 seemed to work properly.
On dos version (running with dosbox) w5 starts waiting for input but will not spend a single turn.

Some other walk commands did not cause any problems, at least 'w<', 'w*', 'wm' or 'wi' seemed to work fine.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3259
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All without NotEye
Status Fixed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version ADOM r50
Fixed Version ADOM r51
Milestone Initial Steam Release
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users jt
Tags (none)

08-02-2014 04:01 PM
Administrator
Fixed.

06-20-2016 09:39 PM
Debian Sid, 64-bit, ADOM Release 60

As the first prompt appears you can see the cursor flipping, I can't even name my PC as it will get the first letter and continue, so I end up with single letter named chars.

After that it's Unknown command: 'ÿ' loop.

08-19-2016 06:47 PM
Same here. Mint 64 bit, release 60. I do have the steam version and can play that in graphical mode or half assed AscII, but I much prefer the proper AscII-version on computers that are capable of running real terminals.

Edit: okay, not half-assed, it's playable. But I still prefer release 60.

+ Reply