# command not working in foreign keyboard layout
issueid=347 08-14-2011 09:52 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Al-Khwarizmi: 62
# command not working in foreign keyboard layout

When my keyboard is configured with a Spanish layout, the autoexplore # and w# commands don't work. In the Spanish layout, the # is accessed with AltGr+3.

I have checked that if I set the layout to US English, then the commands work perfectly.

I have also checked that they don't work with the layout set to Spanish even if I type # as if it were in US English.

This is under Windows 7 64-bit.
java version "1.6.0_22"
Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.6.0_22-b04)
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 17.1-b03, mixed mode)
Issue Details
Issue Number 347
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category UI
Status Fixed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version JADE 0.1.3
Fixed Version ADOM II 0.2.7
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-22-2011 07:37 AM
The Creator
Fixed for JADE 0.1.4. Please send your real name to creator(at)ancientdomainsofmystery.com for it to be included in the credits. (If you were aleady asked to do so you can ignore this message. Please include a reference to the bug or RFE you are credited for.)

08-22-2011 09:54 PM
Ancient Member
Unfortunately, it still doesn't work in my rig in 0.1.4. Everything is just as reported above.

08-22-2011 10:03 PM
The Creator
*Sigh* So much for rewriting all the keycode stuff. It's completely different from the previous version and obviously broke skill selection but this problem remains. I hate the supposed Java platform independence...

08-22-2011 10:10 PM
Ancient Member
It's strange, because for example ">" and "!", which are accessed through shift, work perfectly under the Spanish layout. Ctrl+W also works. It seems like a problem that only affects Alt Gr...

08-24-2011 10:43 AM
Same situation here with a Swiss keyboard... # is "Alt Gr 3" combination and does not work.

05-01-2012 04:42 PM
The Creator
Fixed for ADOM II 0.2.4. Please send your real name to creator(at)ancientdomainsofmystery.com for it to be included in the credits. (If you were already asked to do so you can ignore this message. Please include a reference to the bug or RFE you are credited for.)

I added some more special case handling in the "key event to symbolic sequence mapping code" of ADOM II after discovering that there was a similar problem with the '\' key on Mac keyboards. Hopefully now everything works like a bliss :-)

This petition for a change to Confirmed was accepted
05-05-2012 10:33 AM
Ancient Member
I'm afraid '#' still doesn't work with my Spanish keyboard on 0.2.5. Tried it with classic, jade and ADOM II bindings.

05-05-2012 04:12 PM
The Creator
Ok, I will have to add debugging output to understand the problem... this is just weird :-^

05-05-2012 06:33 PM
Confirmed with a french keyboard. Keys that require Alt Gr don't work in 0.2.5.

05-06-2012 10:34 PM
Ancient Member
Here is the 0.2.6 debugging output.

When I press #:

Unbound command: '\A\C#'

When I press \:

Unbound command: '\A\C\'

05-07-2012 06:35 AM
The Creator
Oh... okay. Easy to fix but I didn't know that foreign keyboard layouts could be that weird. On my German layout pressing '#' can be done without special keys.

05-07-2012 06:37 AM
The Creator
Fixed for ADOM II 0.2.7. Please send your real name to creator(at)ancientdomainsofmystery.com for it to be included in the credits. (If you were already asked to do so you can ignore this message. Please include a reference to the bug or RFE you are credited for.)

+ Reply