Achievement message not disappearing
issueid=3751 07-19-2015 08:31 PM
Number of reported issues by hinuttaja: 2
Achievement message not disappearing
Achievement message (when reaching level 5) not disappearing by any means

Whenever i reach my first achievement, reaching level 5, i get the congratulation message. However, it is impossible to get the rid of it!
Pushing 'ok' or clicking the cross doesn't close the message and nor does anything else - the program stalls. The only thing that happens
when pushing 'ok' is that the congratulation music is replayed.

I am playing on Win7, I have tried it several times also on compability modes.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3751
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Fixed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM r58
Fixed Version ADOM r59
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 5
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

07-19-2015 08:51 PM
Ancient Member
Interesting...couldn't reproduce on Win 8.1

@jt: thought this might somehow be related to Zeno's latest question fix...but tested achievements before and after the fix was applied and didn't manage to reproduce the problem.

Edit 2: reproduced it in the public version, doesn't happen in our dev version. Happens with the level 5 one, not sure about the others. Certainly doesn't happen when entering Terinyo, but there might be other broken ones.

Also note that the free version shouldn't have Achievements in the first place ;)

07-19-2015 09:07 PM
Ancient Member
I am having the same issue. my computer is running windows 7 when I get my first achievement at level 5 I get the pop-up message and it will not clear. I closed the game, but it erases my save file.

07-19-2015 09:26 PM
Have exactly the same issue here. I tried to disable achievements from showing up and now the game crushes with "Error: Can't open the file 'ADOM_AC.LCK' in the 'F:\Documents\ADOM/adom_dat' directory. Error: 13 (Permission denied)"
Win 8.1, adom_noteye_windows_r58_pub

07-19-2015 09:26 PM
Same issue in DOS.

I set "show_achievements = false" in the config, but it still pauses the game and won't let me advance.

07-19-2015 09:45 PM
Administrator
It seems the game checks for achievements even if the achievement system is disabled. Sorry, we probably need to build a new version to fix this. :(

07-19-2015 11:48 PM
The Creator
Fixed. I feel so stupid :-P

07-20-2015 01:05 AM
Ancient Member
I'm still encountering it on the prerelease without noteye integration download. Will there be an update released or should it already be fixed?

07-20-2015 04:09 AM
I started playing today for the first time and I was struggling with this, I didn't know what to do... Should we wait until they upload the patched version or how does this work exactly?

07-20-2015 05:42 AM
The Creator
Quote Originally Posted by Albahan
I'm still encountering it on the prerelease without noteye integration download. Will there be an update released or should it already be fixed?
As the ticket says: It's been fixed for R59. The latest available release is R58. So we now will be hurrying to get R59 out. Quite a sad turn of events given the amount of work Jochen put into the 59 (!) binary versions for R58.

07-20-2015 05:42 AM
The Creator
Quote Originally Posted by Toen
I started playing today for the first time and I was struggling with this, I didn't know what to do... Should we wait until they upload the patched version or how does this work exactly?
Yes, we will try to provide an update ASAP.

07-20-2015 10:33 PM
Same issue here. Version 58 running on Win 10.

This bug is considered game breaking because due this bug it is not possible to level to L5 and after that saving is not possible.

07-20-2015 11:22 PM
Seravajan It's fixed in R59 which is out now :D

07-21-2015 10:46 AM
Quote Originally Posted by pjsb1
Seravajan It's fixed in R59 which is out now :D
But the R59 seems not to be available for everyone. The Ubuntu version I downloaded and instelled 20 min before this post still have the bug.

07-21-2015 11:18 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Seravajan
But the R59 seems not to be available for everyone. The Ubuntu version I downloaded and instelled 20 min before this post still have the bug.
R59 is definitely available for everyone. Where did you download it from? I got my windows version from IndieDB and it seems just fine.

+ Reply