Autosave not working
issueid=4082 11-23-2015 11:57 AM
Number of reported issues by Seravajan: 2
Autosave not working

It appears that Autosave is not working. After several save messages I got a crash due the spell issues. But after loading the last saved game the game was at the position where the last manual save occured. That means that the autosave feature is not working at all.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4082
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All Steam Versions
Status Fixed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version ADOM r63 (v2.0.2)
Fixed Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Milestone Important Bugfixes
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin, jt
Tags (none)

11-23-2015 12:18 PM
I've not saved any of mine via the new Save/Load function and have still had autosaves when the game's occasionally crashed, so it is working.
It's currently set to a high number of turns by default, however, and that setting can't be globally changed and saved, only per character. That could use a fix.

11-23-2015 08:23 PM
The autosave is a separate file, you have to manually rename it for ADOM to pick it up. Or has this changed?

11-24-2015 06:49 PM
Quote Originally Posted by hapro
The autosave is a separate file, you have to manually rename it for ADOM to pick it up. Or has this changed?
Then there should be a notice about where that file is located and that the autosave file have to be renamed. But for many users that would be too much to search a file and rename it. Any autosave file should be visible at the character load screen.

11-27-2015 01:14 AM
It works for me, didn't need to rename anything.

11-27-2015 07:59 AM
Autosaving works, but you need to rename the file when you want to load an autosave. The difficulty is to find the autosaved file.

09-13-2017 01:17 PM
The Creator
Fixed.

+ Reply