Tone down the chances of monsters going into blind rage
issueid=4403 08-18-2016 08:54 AM
Number of reported issues by Harkila: 154
Tone down the chances of monsters going into blind rage
Blind rage is way too common nowadays, almost guaranteed with the big monsters

Titans, giant kings, wyrms, ancient dragons.. The late game is packed with monsters who hit hard and take a lot of punishment to kill. Also, they have a very high chance of going into blind rage, basically causing an instakill risk at all times. Basically I'm fine with having that risk, but IMO it should be a rather rare event, and not the more-than-every-other-time that it is nowadays.

Difficult monsters should be difficult as they are, and not because they go batshit once they get moderately injured.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4403
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM r68 (v2.2.2)
Implemented Version ADOM r68 (v2.2.2)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 4
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

08-18-2016 09:46 AM
Yeah it's one thing to have one of the 3 great red wyrms in your fire vault to go into a blind rage, it's quite another to have all 3 of them do so.

I think I agree with this, I know thomas already nerfed blind rages but there are some tweeks that still need to be done to it.

Maybe he could make blind rages non-permanent, so that way it not only fixes the bug where if your pet goes into a blind rage it will stay in a blind rage for the rest of the game, but also make it easier to be safe around raging monsters by just backing out of the fight for a bit.

08-18-2016 11:24 AM
The Creator
I have toned down the chances of becoming enraged slightly more.

11-30-2016 05:35 PM
I'm fairly sure this needs to be readjusted. Monsters go into a blind rage constantly- across three separate games, one of which was a win and two of which went all the way down to the Mana Temple- I've had opportunities to offer peace to a fleeing opponent once (!). Monsters becoming afraid and running away is something that happens incredibly rarely now compared to the alternative.

12-01-2016 08:49 AM
Ancient Member
I seem to notice quite a few monsters running away when severely wounded but blind raging is still very common, perhaps too common.

+ Reply