Cost-less actions sometimes cause a turn to elapse
issueid=4484 09-26-2016 01:30 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by auricbond: 264
Cost-less actions sometimes cause a turn to elapse
*was titled "wilderness encounters get free turn when changing tactics"

Might be true for other actions as well, haven't tested. If I switch tactics as soon as a wilderness encounter starts, an action that isn't supposed to have any time/energy cost, the game responds similarly to if I had pressed '5'.

This is not a wilderness specific bug. Seems to happen in all sorts of situations, with any action that normally would not cause any time to pass.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4484
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Fixed
Priority 6
Affected Version ADOM r70 (v2.2.4)
Fixed Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Milestone Important Bugfixes
Users able to reproduce bug 6
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

09-26-2016 06:46 PM
Confirming this also for R69. Also pressing spacebar immediately when entering a wilderness fight will give the monsters an extra turn. This only applies to the first press, after that it functions normally.

09-27-2016 04:05 PM
Ancient Member
Seems to not be specific to wilderness. Tried to zap a wand when stuck in some webs and enemies got a free turn. Tried again and it was a 0 cost action.

09-29-2016 08:08 PM
Also things like summoning monsters gives the first turn to the monsters. Similar behaviour, but this particular one might be intentional. I'm fairly sure it hasn't been there before, though.

09-30-2016 06:58 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Harkila
Also things like summoning monsters gives the first turn to the monsters. Similar behaviour, but this particular one might be intentional. I'm fairly sure it hasn't been there before, though.
I can verify that summoned monsters didnt get a free turn before, even if bookcasting. I used the spell extensively with a necromancer to quickly regen pp several months ago.

09-30-2016 08:35 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Blank4u47
I can verify that summoned monsters didnt get a free turn before, even if bookcasting. I used the spell extensively with a necromancer to quickly regen pp several months ago.
It did not happen every time, but it most certainly did happen several times. I used a ton of Summon Monsters just recently when playing my Steel Man challenge. It was particularly nasty with quicklings.

11-07-2016 12:50 AM
Ancient Member
Another way to reproduce the issue: save and restore the game - monsters will move before you can. Take another step, save and restore again, and monsters will keep getting another move right after you load the game.

11-11-2016 11:49 AM
"l"ook sometime eat one turn aslo.

09-13-2017 12:17 PM
The Creator
Fixed.

+ Reply