Yergius tells that he can teach you "[t]rap [s]tealth" instead of "[t]rap detection, [s]tealth"
issueid=4521 10-06-2016 06:26 PM
Number of reported issues by Rassst: 4
Yergius tells that he can teach you "[t]rap [s]tealth" instead of "[t]rap detection, [s]tealth"

After you become member of thieves guild Yergius will propose to teach you some skills. But there is an issue with prompt - instead of "[t]rap detection, [s]tealth" he says "[t]rap [s]tealth"
Issue Details
Issue Number 4521
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All Steam Versions
Status Fixed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version ADOM r70 (v2.2.4)
Fixed Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Milestone Modernized ADOM UI
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 1
Assigned Users Zeno
Tags (none)

10-06-2016 07:56 PM
Ancient Member
So you are missing the entire second line of his dialog ("detection, [l]istening, [o]pening locks, [p]icking pockets or")?

10-07-2016 03:18 PM
Yes. Looks like line 1 and line 3 get concatenated. I usually speak with Yergius in non-ASCII mode.
I even remembered from 1.1.1 several years ago that list of skills should be much longer.

10-13-2016 06:10 AM
Administrator
This happens at least in endless buffer mode when using NotEye. You can see the full message in the message buffer.

@Zeno: I think the problem is located in the add_adom_message() function in adom-hud.noe. This function is called with all three lines/parts of the message, but displays only the first and last one.

10-18-2016 09:40 AM
Ancient Member
Fixed.

+ Reply