UI/general improvement: Managing Missiles
issueid=4838 07-09-2017 12:41 PM
Number of reported issues by jipostus: 2
UI/general improvement: Managing Missiles
Helping to manage the massive amount of missiles player has

So what I'm basically suggesting, is when you run out of missiles (which does happen quite often), instead of the regular going through them one by one approach, why not to have a context specific menu popup, that would allow player to pick up specific missile faster? And being able to "summon" that popup without going to inventory to swap missiles would be nice improvement, though that is not as neccessary, but that is something that could coexist with my first suggestion. Now that TB and crew are having these dialog widgets and such, that wouldn't be something that couldn't be done, I feel.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4838
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Implemented Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Milestone "Ease of Use" UI
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

07-09-2017 06:56 PM
I mentioned on the facebook post about prioritizing missiles, but now that I think of it, it might turn out to be clunky. It would be better to be able to create missile groups. You could add your mithril and blessed arrows to one group, and make another group for your plain, cheap, wooden arrows. The you could switch groups depending on the difficulty of monsters you're fighting. It would also be nice to have some options on how to select the next arrows. Highest damage or lowest damage, highest hit chance or lowest hit chance, highest quantity or lowest quantity. Also, if you have a missile group selected, it would be nice if you could disable the prompt "Do you want to add _____ to your missile slot" and just automatically go to the next selection based on your rules. And it would be nice to know how many arrows were left in the group.

Also, you could maybe change the missile slot to take items also, like a quiver, or a stone pouch. Different quality items could hold different numbers of arrows/stones/bolts before having to reload. Cursed items could make reloading faster, or cause you to drop your arrow. An artifact quiver could make any arrows put into it blessed. Or you could have a "Quiver of Returning" that would give you a chance that your arrow automatically returns to our quiver.

07-09-2017 11:11 PM
If we could even get an alpha sorting of missiles, it would be an improvement. Ignore b/u/c status just use name. Also if a list sort command was implemented, it could also be used for wands - another inventory category that accumulates.

07-10-2017 07:11 AM
For quivers / pouches discussions please see 1415 and 2849. Don't get confused about "implemented", actually a workaround was done instead of it. There were some other discussions involving quivers that could be detected using search. I support all of them wholehartedly.

08-10-2017 10:52 PM
The Creator
There is now a nice new selection dialog. And http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=4890 has been implemented, too.

+ Reply