Add some way to preserve pick up/drop preferences
issueid=4984 09-15-2017 10:44 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Grond: 971
Add some way to preserve pick up/drop preferences

For pick up and drop, most of the time I want the "Pick only", "Drop only", and "Multi-select" options. Choosing these each time you perform a pick up action gets annoying. Either these settings shouldn't be reset between pick up and drop actions, or there should be configuration options to choose these as the default settings.
Issue Details
Issue Number 4984
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All without NotEye
Status Implemented
Priority 3
Suggested Version ADOM 2.3.0 (r73)
Implemented Version ADOM 2.3.1
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-16-2017 01:24 AM
Personally I'd like an option to have old behaviour as default - picking one-by-one as a single action. Maybe it's not the most efficient, but I have it pretty ingrained by now.

09-16-2017 12:31 PM
The Creator
Quote Originally Posted by Qui
Personally I'd like an option to have old behaviour as default - picking one-by-one as a single action. Maybe it's not the most efficient, but I have it pretty ingrained by now.
But you have it?

The difference is that ADOM now switches to the two-column mode by default if there are things on the ground. I have been wondering myself if this is a reasonable default or if "one column" should be the default.

09-16-2017 12:38 PM
The Creator
I have added a "Two_Column_Pick_Drop_Menu" configuration variable and the default now is "false".

09-16-2017 12:39 PM
The Creator
@Grond: For immediate multi-select you can use Ctrl-p and Ctrl-d like in old times. It seemed wrong to me to use this as a default.

09-16-2017 12:51 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by adom-admin
But you have it?

The difference is that ADOM now switches to the two-column mode by default if there are things on the ground. I have been wondering myself if this is a reasonable default or if "one column" should be the default.
IIRC the difference between old and new is that in old pick up mode, the game would return to the pick-up menu after picking up a single item (and the game messaging you about it). So you could spam a/space/a/space to pick items.

Overall, I really like the new system although the controls may require some getting used to.

09-16-2017 02:24 PM
Ancient Member
@Grond: For immediate multi-select you can use Ctrl-p and Ctrl-d like in old times. It seemed wrong to me to use this as a default.
Ah nice, then I can just rebind the keys to get the effect I want. For some reason I had assumed these commands were removed.

09-16-2017 03:56 PM
The Creator
Quote Originally Posted by Laukku
IIRC the difference between old and new is that in old pick up mode, the game would return to the pick-up menu after picking up a single item (and the game messaging you about it). So you could spam a/space/a/space to pick items.
It did :-D ? I can't even remember as I have been living with the new system for quite a while. But I can do that :-) I'll test it to see if my muscles remember ;-)

09-16-2017 05:29 PM
Ancient Member
It did :-D ? I can't even remember as I have been living with the new system for quite a while. But I can do that :-) I'll test it to see if my muscles remember ;-)
Well, that's just my guess of what Qui meant, and I don't know if it's worth implementing if people don't specifically ask for it. But you could do the a/space/a/space spam in e.g. 1.1.1 - in fact I checked that out before commenting.

09-16-2017 10:52 PM
Yes that's what I meant. Now I press pick up, a, and am surprised that the action finished. a/space/a/space is how I used to do it, until there was something I didn't want on a, and switched to b/space/b/space, etc. Getting rid of the space would be even better ;). I was going to say that if going back to this is not an option I might switch to ";" but I see it's gone too...

09-17-2017 04:07 AM
The Creator
@Qui: Implemented (again) :-)

09-17-2017 07:21 AM
Yay! I didn't realize how much I missed it until I had to start pressing "9" to pick up all my stuff. It feels like it's faster when I only want to pick up 2-3 things to just press a/space/a/space or whatever it may be.

+ Reply