Make pick pockets, disarm traps, give etc. target automatically when there's only one target
issueid=5703 11-14-2017 03:38 PM
Number of reported issues by Jipsu: 2
Make pick pockets, disarm traps, give etc. target automatically when there's only one target

Picking pockets is very tedious and could be improved by skipping the target direction dialogue when there is only one valid option. Same could be done to other skills that target squares next to or under the PC.
Issue Details
Issue Number 5703
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version ADOM 2.3.9
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 2
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-14-2017 03:47 PM
You yourself are always a valid target for pick pockets though. Indeed, you even always succeed. :)

11-14-2017 04:49 PM
Quote Originally Posted by Taederias
You yourself are always a valid target for pick pockets though. Indeed, you even always succeed. :)
But does that count for Yergius' quest? >:D

11-14-2017 06:02 PM
Ancient Member
Maybe, but the randomly missing target could cause mispresses when trying to pickpocket a lot (e.g. vaults).

11-15-2017 11:41 AM
You might be a valid target for Pickpocketing, but I don't think you should be defaulted to!
It should be feasible to code something which automatically selects the single adjacent creature as target, whilst discounting the PC, in the situation where there is only one creature adjacent. Allowing PCs next to either 0 or 2+ creatures to choose as usual.

11-16-2017 02:43 AM
Skills, spells, wands, melee attacks, scrolls, books, potions, could be selected for use by an auto-targeting system. Toggle on or off per item. Prioritize self, Any number of enemies, only one enemy, traps... "There are no valid targets detected, please choose direction." This sounds like a massive undertaking. I don't envy anyone who would want to write this, and I hope there is an easier way to go about it.

+ Reply