Moldy dungeon generated with 2 stair cases to surface, both cause crash when climbing them
issueid=5967 01-27-2018 04:47 AM
Number of reported issues by Rogue: 1
Moldy dungeon generated with 2 stair cases to surface, both cause crash when climbing them

Version 3.0.6 r88

MS dos ASCII version

running on windows 10 via Dosbox 0.74

The moldy dungeon level 1 was generated with 2 up stair cases. Going up the stair case that you enter from the surface results in a "CRITICAL INTERNAL ERROR: Signal 291 was raised" fault and using the other staircase to go up results in an "illegal hive" error. Both crash the game at that point. Going down to the lower levels isn't an issue.

I have a copy of the save game file with this issue
Issue Details
Issue Number 5967
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category MS-DOS
Status Fixed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 3.0.6
Fixed Version ADOM 3.1.1
Milestone Important Bugfixes
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

02-12-2018 09:17 AM
The Creator
Can you please upload the save file?

02-12-2018 09:18 AM
The Creator
Was the character generated in an earlier version of ADOM? I seem to remember we messed this up the first time? I thought the save file code would repair it but...

02-19-2018 04:49 AM
I've uploaded zipped copies of 2 save files which have this issue. Unzipped they were around 11000 kb and wouldn't upload.

1st one is from the Moldy dungeon. Note: the up staircase is in the unlit room.

2nd file is from the same game. Used an earlier back up save and continued to play. This time happened in UC3.

this was a character that I recently generated and I don't recall carrying it over from a previous version.

I've also tried this same character on the windows version with similar results.

Thanks,

Rogue

02-20-2018 05:47 AM
After giving it some thought, I believe that I created this character using V2.3.8, so most likely that is where the problem is coming from. So probably not a real issue here after all.

03-01-2018 07:22 PM
The Creator
I really can't reproduce it with new versions of the game. In some rare instances the old save files can't be repaired by our update routine. But as it only happens with old game versions and save files the problem should quickly disappear.

+ Reply