visual problems
issueid=6039 02-19-2018 05:14 PM
Number of reported issues by neverliste: 1
visual problems
Suddenly, after many hours of playtime, I got strange visual errors

When i play, i suddenly have the new graphics from steam, but at the same time, on top of it, i get the classic ascii graphics. it is rather unnerving, and almost unplayable.

Any ideas?
Issue Details
Issue Number 6039
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10
Status Fixed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 3.1.0
Fixed Version ADOM 3.1.1
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-20-2018 09:07 AM
Administrator
Does this happen for a specific saved game or all of the time?

What happens if you switch from ASCII to Tiles with F10?

02-20-2018 01:07 PM
When i toggle f10, it changes to ascii a normal, but is still broken when i toggle back.

When i load my save, it's normal, until i got to world map, then it breaks. If i reload, it is broken again, until i reboot the system. When I create a new character, it is broken from the get go.

02-20-2018 02:27 PM
Administrator
You could try to delete the file "config-adom.noe" from the ADOM Steam directory ("Documents\ADOM\adom_steam").

02-20-2018 05:04 PM
This problem happens intermittently when leaving a dungeon and entering the world map. I've also seen it happen on entrance to the fungal caves. The only workaround I know about is to save and completely close the game; merely saving and reloading the save will cause the problem to persist.

02-20-2018 05:16 PM
Administrator
Hm, the problem you are referring to was fixed in 3.1.0 (see issue 5215).

This is why I think there must be a different cause.

02-21-2018 04:18 AM
Actually, the things I've described have occurred in 3.1.0 on Grond's stream (note that I didn't mention the volcano... didn't see that on stream, so not sure if leaving that area is fixed).

02-21-2018 09:31 AM
Administrator
@mtf: is there a video of the stream? Did you notice at which point it happened?

I could verify the problem with the volcano and the world map (the one from issue 5215). The volcano messages were new and printed "at the wrong time" during the transition from one map to another. I've never seen it happen for other map transitions. I just tried to reproduce it with the fungal caves, but no luck so far.

02-21-2018 06:05 PM
Ancient Member
Tiles working on FC: 1 - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/229872410?t=03h12m05s
Tiles broken 4 minutes later on FC: 3 - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/229872410?t=03h15m49s

EDIT: Attached a save that's on the down stairs in FC: 2. After descending to FC: 3, the problem shows up after wandering around a bit.

02-21-2018 06:39 PM
Administrator
Ok, I see... very strange. So it just randomly switched to the tiles/ASCII display or did you switch to tiles on purpose?

The issue I fixed was related to messages during map transitions, but this is no transition. I will try to reproduce it with the saved game, thanks!

02-21-2018 07:01 PM
Ancient Member
Both times I intentionally switched to tiles to check herb bushes.

02-23-2018 02:42 PM
Ancient Member
We have managed to reproduce and fix this -- this was actually a combination of two bugs:
(1) "animated water off" option not working correctly since old non-animated water tiles have been removed (we could not reproduce it with "animated water on");
(2) because a bug in the NotEye script, it affected not only the responsible water tiles, but also all the tiles rendered afterwards.
Thanks!

+ Reply