Background Corruption : Annoying pop up message
issueid=6339 10-01-2018 04:23 PM
Number of reported issues by unholy: 11
Background Corruption : Annoying pop up message
nnoying purple "Corrupted!" pop up message

In the current version, a purple "Corrupted!" pop up message will appear every few turns (six in my case right now) when in an area with background corruption. It's really is annoying. I think that, only in such instance, it should instead appear in the message log, in purple as to get the attention of the player.

I think it would be great to keep the pop up message in most, if not all, other cases of momentary corruption (IE corrupting attack, corruption when attacking with certain weapons, traps, everything related to potions, chaos tract, C- crowning, using an orb, you get the idea...).

i would also keep the pop up when carrying an object that corrupts by the mere fact of having it in the inventory (essence of chaos items, "corruption" prefix...), but again, it's just my opinion.

Cheers.

Unholy/Lufiaan
Issue Details
Issue Number 6339
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 2
Affected Version ADOM 3.3.1
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone Important Bugfixes
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

10-07-2018 06:30 PM
I found this annoying as well... Perhaps that pop-up should be when PC gains more significant amount of corruption, not everytime PC gets corrupted.

10-08-2018 11:19 AM
Intrestigly I found it useful. It reminds me about background corruption and clearly shows which areas do have it.
Could it be amended to appear less frequently, e.g. only when a specif amount is accumulated over several attempts? Or alternatively purple effect which is still lightly boticeable but not annoying or distracting?

10-08-2018 02:24 PM
IMHO the purple pop up should not appear unless (BUT still appear in purple in the text box) :
A - Corruption from an equipped item or an item in your inventory
B - Corruption from the usage of an item (attacking with certain weapons, potion of raw chaos, Orbs, eating certain corpses, etc)
C - Hit by a mob with corrupting attack
D - Other instances of single dose of corruption (IE C- crowning, C unicorn quest...)
E - Maybe when background corruption is extremely high

10-08-2018 03:34 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by unholy
It's really is annoying. I think that, only in such instance, it should instead appear in the message log, in purple as to get the attention of the player.
Please, please don't make background corruption appear in the message log. It is not that important, and will be just as annoying there for anyone who actually looks at the log. More annoying, actually, as it will lead to a ton of (more) prompts when exploring in ASCII.

+ Reply