Illogical messages
issueid=743 02-15-2012 07:13 PM
Administrator
Number of reported issues by jt: 159
Illogical messages

From typo collection (http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=716):

[1] "An used tome (100s) is lying here." (A used tome)
[2] "You drop the 1 gold piece.", "A 1 gold piece is lying here." (You drop 1 gold piece, 1 gold piece is lying here)
[3] Under certain circumstances, the "(after saving his/her world)" or "(after winning)" after the character's death reason shows up twice. I've seen this in some Hall of Fame logs and once in a more closer character death :)
[4] In the log for UCG endings, it says "Bathed in the radiance of Law and Goodness He/She enters your home plane and challenges you to a battle." The he/she is capitalized. This may be intentional?
[4a] "Female swordsmen" should be swordswomen. Maybe there shouldn't be female swordsmen at all (same goes for other monsters), as it was done with stone giant lords.
[5] Undead can be frozen or burnt "to death" by frozen/flaming weapons.
[6] Monsters that are "transformed into ashes" by Burning Hands still leave corpses. Water creatures (e.g. elementals) are still "transformed into ashes".
[7] Hitting a monster vulnerable against cold with a frozen weapon, and having the cold damage be stopped by its PV: "The -foo- is frozen by icy shards emerging from your weapon. The -foo- is badly injured by the icy blast. The attack doesn't penetrate the defenses of the -foo-!"
[8] "You are blinded by a sudden flash! You pray to -god name-. You are healed by a black light surrounding you." How can a blind PC see the light surrounding them?
[9] A PC creating darkness with a torch or amulet of light on is still told "suddenly everything is dark".
[10] Golems can "grunt at you in a friendly manner" but they're unable to talk.
[11] Reading a blessed scroll of magic mapping yields the message "you suddenly know everything about this dungeon level" even when you're not inside a dungeon.

[12] Undead and constructs cannot be paralyzed/stunned/confused, but the corresponding messages will often appear ("The zombie is stunned!", "The zombie is paralyzed!"). Throwing the phial of Caladriel at them yields no message at all except "out of ammunition".
[13] The last level of the Assassins' Guild message says some whispers emanate from the shadows even for deaf PCs.
[14] Changelog: "Immunities no longer can be "enhanced by items". You either are immune or you are not." Text could be changed to "also gained by items" so that the player knows if he's naturally immune and is wearing something that grants the same immunity.
[15] Teleportitis, Teleport Control, and See Invisible shouldn't be "enhanced" through items. You either teleport, control TP or see invisible, or you don't. They should get the same treatment I explained above.
[16] Angering the neutral god via reading tracts of order/chaos is incorrectly displayed as angering the lawful god.
[17] "During your apprenticeship under an elderly wizard, you come across a powerful magical amulet of unknown power" - Is it powerful or unknown?
[18] Fairy dragon description says "Its arsenal of breath weapons is varied", but they only breath water.
[19] If the pile of items I've just dropped is the only one in this level, reading a scroll of item detection or zapping the homonym wand says "You sense the presence of an item", even though there are hundreds on that square.

[20] Cat spirits rising can be seen in dark rooms while blind.
[21] When 'a'pplying Gardening while stuck in webs, it says the ground is not suitable. It should give a generic "not while stuck in webs" message instead. If done on an herb square, it also says the ground is not suitable. It should say there's an herb bush there already.
[22] "It is possible to teleport Glod away from his smithy, although the details (wand of teleportation vs the Teleportation spell) have yet to be worked out. He wanders in Dwarftown but still asks for the nominal 2500 gold piece fee (seemingly telepathically, probably a bug)" -- ADOM Guidebook
[23] Shopkeeper says "thanks for enhancing the value of my wares" if you pick up cursed food with poison hands. Price doesn't change at all.
[24] Lighting an everburning torch while blind: "The uncursed everburning torch [+1, +0] lights itself.", "The uncursed everburning torch [+1, +0] is already giving light." A blind PC has no way of knowing that.
[25] Sting and Needle's unIDed appearance should be "black rune-covered dagger (10s)" instead of "dagger (10s)", which makes an unspoiled player very likely to miss those artifacts.
[26] Eating some humanoid corpses can trigger the Law skill ("You feel as if transgressing some law.") even though it's not a chaotic act.
[27] If you check Kelly's ':w'ound status, it says he is not injured.
[28] "Kobold Shaman bolts can harm a lightning immune PC (...) If the attack is indeed lightning based, it should not harm the PC. Someone suggested the "lightning" may not be lightning, but the power of the souls of dead kobolds, the monster memory would seem to indicate this. If this is the case, and the bolt is not lightning damage, the attack should be re-worded to avoid confusion." -- RFE 2470
[29] 'U'sing drakish scurgari results in the message "Use the -foo- with an appropriate missile weapon." There is no such weapon in the game nor is it necessary.
[30] Moving to a tile adjacent to a mimic while invisible: "Suddenly a mimic attacks you! The mimic seems to search for someone or something." - First phrase should probably be something like "The item suddenly turns into a mimic!"
[31] "The gorgon breathes petrification gas at you! Something on the ground is burned to ashes within moments!" - Why?
[32] Being killed by a ghost will result in the "was aged to death by a -ghost-" death message even if I was only killed in melee, not aged.
[33] Throwing a potion of water at a wild cat says "The wild cat seems to panic!", but it actually does not. If it's just flavor text (cats usually don't like water :)), the wording should be altered.
[34] Casting invisibility on a monster with the see invisible intrinsic: "Suddenly the -foo- is gone!" and worse, if cast again: "Suddenly the invisible -foo- is gone!"
[35] Shopkeepers can tell an invisible PC they haven't detected yet to keep their fingers off rations, not to drink unpaid potions, and not to push them around in their shop, among others.
[36] *removed*
[37] Talking to a female ratling rebel while wearing furs: ""Ye animal sssllayer! Ssssuffer!" The female ratling rebel pulls a strange potion from his clothes and sprays a liquid into your face."
[38] When you give Bart the golden gladius, the game says "Over the next hours the old gladiator recounts a number of interesting tricks to you." but only ~1 minute of game time passes. The same is true of training with Yergius.
[39] Weather messages can be seen while blind. The command to check the ':W'eather is also perfectly usable while blind.
[40] Re-reading a manual of bridge building will always say it has some information you haven't yet learned, but according sorear's wiki it doesn't train or increase the skill's dice in any way.
[41] Uncontrolled teleportitis kicking in and PC landing into a tile with items: "You pick up the heap of 20 blessed rocks. Suddenly you stand elsewhere." Messages should be reversed.
[42] You can see bolts "fizzling and disappearing" even if the (possibly hidden) door they hit is out of LOS.
Issue Details
Issue Number 743
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Other (please specify)
Status In Progress
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 2
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-22-2012 09:35 PM
Ancient Member
Here are some others I've found.

Illogical messages
[43] You can't 'C'hat with Kelly if you're deaf, but if you hand him an AoLS, you get to listen to his speech.
[44] Huge globes of ethereal -foo- from ball spells can be seen in the dark and/or while blind (although this may refer to the intentions of the PC by casting the spell rather than an observation after casting it).
[45] If you get stuck in a web in the dark and try to move, the game says you're held by something very sticky. But if you attempt to cast a spell, it says "not while you're stuck in those damned webs", therefore acknowledging the sticky thing the PC can't see is actually a web.
[46] The ki-rin screams: "Try to glow with more inner purity." - Screams or says? In the former case, there should probably be exclamation marks or SHOUTING.
[47] Jellies can hiss in fury when attacked, but give no response when 'C'hatted to.

Contradictory monster memory messages
[48] "The ki-rins are resigned to fight a solitary battle to right the unrightable wrong and free the world from the forces of Chaos. In this, they are supported by all Ancardian deities." - Even chaotic ones?

02-24-2012 06:51 PM
Ancient Member
"The ki-rins are resigned to fight a solitary battle to right the unrightable wrong and free the world from the forces of Chaos. In this, they are supported by all Ancardian deities." - Even chaotic ones?
Chaotic gods ≠ The Forces of Chaos

02-24-2012 07:37 PM
Ancient Member
I was thinking chaotic gods would be most interested in the advancement of the forces of Chaos over Ancardia. For instance, they'll tell you the orb guardians are more useful than you if you attempt to sacrifice them.

02-24-2012 08:04 PM
Ancient Member
Hmm. What happens when you try sacrificing orb guardians on chaotic altars other than the elemental ones? Just wondering if the elemental altars are supposed to be directly for Andor Drakon/The Forces of Chaos (related to discussion in this report).

02-24-2012 08:22 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Laukku
Hmm. What happens when you try sacrificing orb guardians on chaotic altars other than the elemental ones?
"Fool, those servants are more useful than you. Why not sacrifice yourself?"

02-24-2012 09:02 PM
Administrator
Fixed:

[1], [2], [3], [4], [4a], [5], [7], [8], [9], [11], [12], [13], [14], [15], [16], [17], [18], [19], [21], [23], [24], [27], [29], [30], [31], [34], [37], [38], [40], [42], [45], [51], [52], [53], [54], [55], [56], [57], [58], [59], [62], [63], [64], [65], [66], [67], [70], [71], [72], [74], [77], [79] (see here), [80], [81], [82], [86], [87], [89], [90], [92], [93], [97], [116], [122], [132], [135]

Will not be fixed, works as intended (approved by Thomas):

[10], [25], [33], [61], [69], [75]

02-27-2012 07:58 PM
Ancient Member
(49) Without +SeeI, I made a shopkeeper invisible. I had +Invi myself, so pressing 5 a few times gave the message "Something stares at your position with great intensity." Apparently the PC can feel invisible shopkeepers piercing them with their look :)

(50) * removed, see http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=1302 *

(51) "The gremlin is killed by the bright light! [+8xp] Suddenly it seems to get brighter." Messages should be reversed. Wishing for light works correctly.
(52) A companion whose PV withstands the ToEF's fire: "The -foo- is injured by the heat. The attack doesn't penetrate the defenses of the -foo-!"
(53) If you teleport Thrundarr out of his room, then talk to him after completing the Griff quest, he says "Venture to my house and pull the lever." But when you 'h'andle the lever, the game says "You push the lever."
(54) Similarly, the game always says "You push the lever." no matter how many times you 'h'andle it. One would think the lever is pulled if it was pushed, and viceversa.
(55) Female black wizards still say "his face...", "his very skin..." in their description.
(56) Shooting a death or stun ray (wand or spell) at the border of a town or wilderness location: "The -foo- ray bounces!", even though it does not.
(57) If the PC drinks a potion of deafness, then plugs his ears with beeswax, the game says "You suddenly can hear again!" when the potion's effect wears off, even though the PC is still deaf from the wax.
(58) Swimming in the piranha lake while blind: "Swarms of tiny red-glowing fishes swarm all over you and shred your flesh." Message should be changed to something like "You feel a thousand teeth tearing your flesh apart!" if the PC can't see.
(59) Blessed potions of blindness give the message "Your vision clears." even if drunk while non-blind. Non-blessed potions of deafness give no message if drunk while deaf. Blessed potions of deafness give no message if drunk while non-deaf. Those should probably be changed to something like "Nothing seems to happen."

Found scanning the executable's strings
(60) There's code (or at the very least, text) from when ADOM allowed you to try and put any item on any body slot, still in 1.1.1.
(61) The winbeta4 executable has plurals for many artifacts, items notorious for being unique. These include: rune-covered halberds, small black shields, intricate wooden shields, ancient mummy wrappings, mighty morning stars, pairs of gauntlets of eternal peace, silver keys, lead-filled maces, ebony spears, elven long bows, dwarven rune axes, iron pairs of gauntlets.

02-27-2012 11:49 PM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by anon123
(61) The winbeta4 executable has plurals for many artifacts, items notorious for being unique. These include: rune-covered halberds, small black shields, intricate wooden shields, ancient mummy wrappings, mighty morning stars, pairs of gauntlets of eternal peace, silver keys, lead-filled maces, ebony spears, elven long bows, dwarven rune axes, iron pairs of gauntlets.
Careful, that may be feature. Perhaps it is so that you can wish for the item in plural (even if you then get only one, with the "*ONE* SHALL BE ENOUGH!" message).

For things that don't affect the game, I'd say "if it ain't broke, don't fix it".

02-28-2012 12:33 AM
Ancient Member
Quote Originally Posted by Al-Khwarizmi
Careful, that may be feature. Perhaps it is so that you can wish for the item in plural (even if you then get only one, with the "*ONE* SHALL BE ENOUGH!" message).
But artifacts cannot be wished for...

You might be correct about them serving some non-obvious purpose, however.

02-29-2012 08:12 PM
Ancient Member
[16] Angering the neutral god via reading tracts of order/chaos is incorrectly displayed as angering the lawful god.
That one was reposted as a separate issue:
http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=750

[38] When you give Bart the golden gladius, the game says "Over the next hours the old gladiator recounts a number of interesting tricks to you." but only ~1 minute of game time passes. The same is true of training with Yergius.
I just retested and training with Yergius works correctly, my mistake!

02-29-2012 09:11 PM
Administrator
[38]: I can confirm that this only happens when training with Bart.
[61]: ADOM contains a plural form for most of the items... removing them would only reduce the size of the executable slightly, therefore I keep them.

03-01-2012 07:09 PM
Ancient Member
Yes, I think Al-Khwarizmi is right and that stuff is better off untouched. I won't report it anymore.

Illogical messages
(62) 'r'eading while stunned: "You can't concentrate enough to read this." (What is "this"? I haven't chosen anything yet. Change it to "anything".)
(63) Khelavaster, the ancient sage, curiously looks at the heap of 5 blessed blank scrolls. "Huh? Oh, I have read that a long time ago. Pretty interesting." - Yes, very interesting blank scrolls :)
(64) Calming an invisible stalker without +SeeI: "Something appears to be rather bored.", "Something calms down." Possibly related to the bug that allows you to pickpocket them.
(65) A blind PC kicking a tree: "You kick the tree. Ouch!" Should probably be something like "Your foot hits something hard. Ouch!"
(66) "The -foo- empties the potion of invisibility. He suddenly is gone!" But I can see invisible...
(67) If I sacrifice a royal guardian, or kill him in another level, I can still hear his footsteps in the dungeon his vault was on.
(68) 'U'sing an everburning torch that's in the pack: "The blessed everburning torch [+1, +0] is already giving light." (I thought I couldn't put a burning torch in my pack :))
(69) Deleted - this was posted on another, more relevant bug report

Found scanning the executable's strings
(70) Female ratling warlords don't exist (tested by using dozens of figurines, all were males), yet have a monster memory description in the exe.
(71) Will o' wisps have a duplicate monster memory description in the exe.

Contradictory monster memory descriptions
(72) Gelatinous cube: "It is larger than you, so you feel as though it were a good idea not to look like a slice of pizza." Does pizza even exist in Ancardia? I suggest changing the term to some other food.
(73) Male dark orc: "This variety of orc is usually only seen deep underground, despising the sunlight as much as the dark elves." Female dark orc: "One of the few breeds of orcs that always live above the ground, her skin has been burnt to black leather by the sun."

03-02-2012 10:51 PM
If I ever write a campaign setting I'm doing that with orcs on purpose.

There will be many implications on their culture and mating rituals.

03-09-2012 06:49 PM
Ancient Member
(74) Monster memory says wraiths manifest themselves as a cloud, but they can be transformed into a "crumpled heap" by a strong enough PC.
(75) Stone snakes can be transformed into "a wisp of smoke" by a particularly strong blow.

Perhaps those two messages should be swapped. It'd make sense for wraiths to become a wisp of smoke, and stone snakes to turn into a crumpled heap. At least I think so!

(76) The PC reacts to the death of a companion/slave before the game informs the player of it:
"The door suddenly crashes onto the space directly in front of it. You are horrified at the death of your friend! The large dog is killed by the toppling door."
"You laugh at the sight of your friend's death! The large dog drops dead!" (The dog was poisoned.)
"You are mildlly annoyed by the destruction of the orc zombie. The orc zombie gurgles one last time before it is consumed by the roaring flames!" (Fireball trap. The 'mildlly' typo has already been reported.)
The messages should be reversed.

j.t: I'd like to suggest striking out the entries for what you've already fixed using this, so that you can easily tell them apart at a glance.

03-20-2012 08:50 PM
Ancient Member
(77) You can dip stuff in the (empty!) phial of Caladriel: "Nothing special seems to happen." The game should tell you the phial is empty just like when you attempt to drink it, and do nothing else.
(78) Pools' water can writhe with snakes, even if the PC surrounded by closed doors. This seems erratic - during testing the pool still bubbled sometimes, but water snakes never spawned regardless of the message.
(79) If armor is damaged while the PC is taking it off, the game uses shows its old PV values in the "do you want to..." prompt. This leads to odd messages like:
"The ogre hits you. Your uncursed soft clothes [+0, +5] are damaged. The ogre hits you. Your uncursed soft clothes [+0, +3] are damaged. The ogre hits you. The ogre misses you. Do you want to continue to remove the uncursed soft clothes [+0, +5]? [y/N]"

(80) Drinking a potion of visibility with the invisible and see invisible intrinsics: "This potion lacks any substantial effects." But I just became visible, and the status bar acknowledges it. Becoming invisible with a source of +SeeI gives a special message, and this should too.
(81) If I step into a web in the dark/while blind, the game will say I stumble into something sticky and dusty. However, if I try to ':s'wap places or 's'earch, the game says "Before that you should free yourself from the webs holding you." and "You fail to search your surroundings due to the webs holding you in place!" respectively, therefore acknowledging the sticky mess the PC can't see is a web.
(82) Kicking a forge while blind: "You kick the forge. Damn, that really hurt!" But the PC can't see nor know it's a forge. The message should be something like "You kick something very sturdy. Damn, that really hurt!" if the PC is blind.

03-30-2012 09:19 PM
Ancient Member
(83) Using Calm Monster on hostile shopkeepers can result in the message "-foo-, the -bar- shopkeeper, seems already to be pretty calm." even though he's not. (see issue 1121)
(84) Auto-pickup on a web tile: "You pick up the uncursed cloak of protection [+0, +3]. Yikes! You stumble into a huge and quite strong web!" Assuming being able to drop and pick items up while webbed is intentional, the messages should be reversed.
(85) 'a'pplying the Disarm Traps skill and failing: "You set off the trap! A gush of water suddenly hits you! You evade the trap." The last message should be eliminated, only in this situation.
(86) If you attempt to 'U'se an identified plain blanket, the message you get is "Keep it in your backpack and everything will be protected from flames."

06-04-2012 04:47 PM
Ancient Member
(87) Animating a cooked corpse in the dark or while blind: "Someone seems to be strangely weakened."
(88) The PC can hear the "dubidu!" or "nananaaa" from 'a'pplying Ventriloquism while deaf.
(89) Drinking a potion of blindness in the dark: "Nothing happens."
(90) Potions of confusion give no message if drunk while confused.
(91) Casting Remove Curse while blind or in the dark: "The cursed clothes [+0, +0] glow in a white light for some seconds."
Using the Wizard's level 40 class power while blind or in the dark: "The cursed tower eternium shield (-1) [+13, +4] glows in a silvery light." (If you're taking suggestions for alternate messages, what about "The -foo- feel(s) slightly warmer for some seconds."?)

(92) Wishing for a monster while blind gives the following message: "Suddenly someone/something appears." A blind PC should have no way of knowing that. The same happens if you wish for an invisible stalker without +SeeI.
(93) The following exchange took place in the ID (emphasis added):
These caverns almost seem to be endless. It's dark here! Something seems to be leading upwards here. This room looks like a spa with a mud bath. You are hit in the face by a glob of hut mud! (more)
Suddenly everything disappears!

(94) The wind from vortices is "distant" even if they're two tiles away from you, as long as they're out of LOS (darkness, blindness).
(95) If a monster opens a fireball-trapped door, "You hear a distant *Kaboom*!" even if the door is two tiles away from you, as long as the monster who opened it was outside of LOS. Happened to me in the big room.
(96) While blind, "You hear a distant crash!" even if throwing a potion next to you.
(97) "You have entered a small cave.", "You enter the halls of an ancient library.", "This strange tree dungeon has a very eerie feeling to it.", "You stand at the bottom of a *very* deep rift." - all of these messages are displayed even if the PC is blind. There might be more.
(98) Wishing for food: "You feel really satiated. (more) You really feel satiated now.", i.e. the same thing twice. It seems that the second message is always given when the satiation level makes abruptly goes to very high values.
(99) The game always says "You probably could sacrifice yourself" if you attempt to 'O'ffer something with nothing on your pack, even if there's no altar nearby. (Might be intentional)

08-18-2012 02:23 PM
(100) When teleporting to the same location, you get "Suddenly you stand somewhere else.", which is false. Maybe "You feel somewhat disoriented." or something instead?

08-26-2012 02:27 AM
Ancient Member
(101) When the PC fires missiles while blind, then can know if they hit via "You hear an angry -sound-", but the game says "You miss someone" if they miss, which they have no way of knowing.
(102) "You kick the door and succeed in activating a hidden trap... A stone block hits the spot directly in front of the door." even under darkness.
(103) You can hear spellcasting monsters screaming words of magic or mumbling arcane formulae even if the PC is deaf.
(104) Wishing for insight says "You now understand the function of all the items in your backpack." even if there are no items in the pack or the PC has no items at all, whereas casting Identify or Greater Identify (or using the scrolls) gives a special message.
(105) When the PC fumbles during confusion and enters a water tile, the game says "You splash into water!", but this is not so if he's stunned. (Could be intentional)
(106) Hitting invisible monsters with a weapon of thunder: "You hit someone and critically wound it. Someone is stunned!"
(107) Talking to a nonhostile fire giant in the ToEF: "It's cold here!"
(108) The passage through the Chaos dimension and Andor Drakon's speech are unchanged, even if you enter the gate deaf and/or blind.
(109) Today I tried to give a hostile cave tiger a giant rat corpse in the SMC, and it said "why would I want your giant rat corpse? Do you know who I am!?" This might be intentional, but why would tigers talk?Explanation: this sentence is only used if the monster is given a name. So it might be related to the "naming bug" (see issue 950) which set the "name flag" for monsters if they were attacked.
(110) 'U'sing figurines while blind: "The -foo- figurine transforms into someone!"

[14] Changelog: "Immunities no longer can be "enhanced by items". You either are immune or you are not." Text could be changed to "also gained by items" so that the player knows if he's naturally immune and is wearing something that grants the same immunity.
This doesn't seem to be fixed in 1.2.0pr1. The game now says "also through (an) item(s)" when you have multiple counts of an intrinsic, but a PC with acid immunity wearing a black dragon scale mail only gets "You are immune to acidic attacks."

[45] If you get stuck in a web in the dark and try to move, the game says you're held by something very sticky. But if you attempt to cast a spell, it says "not while you're stuck in those damned webs", therefore acknowledging the sticky thing the PC can't see is actually a web.
Doesn't seem to be fixed in 1.2.0pr1.

09-06-2012 04:43 PM
Ancient Member
(111) Giving the fool a potion of booze while blind and deaf: "Something happily grins at you."
(112) Giving Blup carrot juice while blind: "Someone happily snatches the uncursed potion of carrot juice and gulps it down."
(113) Giving Blup carrot juice while deaf: "Yummy!"
(114) when shooting crystals of fire at an empty tile next to a monster, there are no messages about them being hurt by the resulting fireball. Resisting works fine.
(115) When you dig a dungeon's or town's walls, or destroy them using a wand of destruction, the new walkable spaces will always say "A tunnel." when 'l'ooked at, instead of "A section of floor."

[9] A PC creating darkness with a torch or amulet of light on is still told "suddenly everything is dark".
In 1.2.0, this still seems to happen unless the area was already darkened.

[18] Fairy dragon description says "Its arsenal of breath weapons is varied", but they only breath water.
This seems to be unchanged in 1.2.0. A simple fix would be to put "its arsenal of breath weapons is said to be varied".

[20] Cat spirits rising can be seen in dark rooms while blind.
And also if they die on the other side of the dungeon (bleeding, poison).

[29] 'U'sing drakish scurgari results in the message "Use the -foo- with an appropriate missile weapon." There is no such weapon in the game nor is it necessary.
This is fixed on 1.2.0, but attempting to 'U'se any kind of throwing club, daggers of returning, spears of returning, throwing knives, javelins of doom and javelins of death still tells you to use them with an appropriate missile weapon.

[34] Casting invisibility on a monster with the see invisible intrinsic: "Suddenly the -foo- is gone!" and worse, if cast again: "Suddenly the invisible -foo- is gone!"
This is fixed for the Invisibility spell, but still happens if you throw a potion of invisibility at monsters.

+ Reply