Hear people fiddling with locks way too often
issueid=844 03-20-2012 04:38 AM
Number of reported issues by Nearsighted: 34
Hear people fiddling with locks way too often

Every one of my characters has heard someone fiddling with a lock far too often. Often enough to detract from my enjoyment of the game. Maybe the range on sounds needs to be reduced. (Is it even implemented?)

Furthermore, the debug message you implemented regarding a creature opening a trapped door is still present. Comment that out next update!
Issue Details
Issue Number 844
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Gameplay
Status Fixed
Priority Unknown
Affected Version ADOM II 0.2.3
Fixed Version ADOM II 0.2.4
Users able to reproduce bug 4
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-20-2012 04:54 AM
Yes I agree that message does appear annoyingly often. especially if you w5

03-20-2012 02:11 PM
Ancient Member
It does appear a lot. Collapsing the messages ("You hear someone fiddling with a lock. (x10)") when the player w5's would be useful.

03-20-2012 02:24 PM
It does appear a lot. Collapsing the messages ("You hear someone fiddling with a lock. (x10)") when the player w5's would be useful.
Probably a good solution.

03-20-2012 02:28 PM
Alternatively, how about a setting for verbosity? You can skip messages of certain types, like 'All non-threatening floor features'. (In terms of ADoM, stores, furnaces, etc.)

03-20-2012 02:36 PM
@Venthus
Alternatively, how about a setting for verbosity? You can skip messages of certain types, like 'All non-threatening floor features'. (In terms of ADoM, stores, furnaces, etc.)
Or maybe additionally. ;)

04-10-2012 01:08 PM
The Creator
Fixed for ADOM II 0.2.4. Please send your real name to creator(at)ancientdomainsofmystery.com for it to be included in the credits. (If you were already asked to do so you can ignore this message. Please include a reference to the bug or RFE you are credited for.)

+ Reply