Save font sizes and zoom factors between executions
issueid=592 11-14-2011 10:18 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Al-Khwarizmi: 62
Save font sizes and zoom factors between executions

I always enlarge the font sizes and zoom factor because I play on a monitor with higher than normal DPI (and I always use relatively large print in everything, I fear getting more myopic than I already am).

It would be nice if these options were saved between executions so that I don't have to set them at the beginning of each new game.

It would also be great if there were an additional option to change the font size of popups (inventory display, skill displays, etc.)
Issue Details
Issue Number 592
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category UI
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version JADE 0.2.2
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 2
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-20-2011 10:27 PM
Seconding this.

03-21-2012 12:59 PM
Yes please. The default settings are hard for me to read on my monitor, so every game I have to spend a bit of tedious time setting the fonts, zoom factor, etc. before I can play. It would be very nice to have this saved in a local configuration.

03-21-2012 08:21 PM
This would be nice, I know Thomas said he was going to give this option for the deluxe version and there was a bit of an uproar of people wanting it on the free version (I don't really mind either way b'cus I'm plottin' on getting deluxe once it's availabe)

...I didn't want to make a new thread so I'm going to weasel in a couple of ideas that I think might help this (sry Al-Khwarizmi) I think that there should be keyboard short cut's to adjust zoom levels for example: ctrl + the up and down arrow would change zoom factor (/C/ mouse wheel would be a cool feature too), and ctrl + left and right arrow would change found size (/A/ mouse wheel as well)

and here's my off-topic idea tha has nothing to do with this post and I think it's been posted on suggestions b4 but whatever. I think the title screen should still work off of adom key-commands. I don't care if it doesn't say them on the main menu but I think it would be nice if you hit 'g' you would generate a new character or 'r' you could restore a character. Just to have the nice mouseless option :)

+ Reply