Spoilers and non-spoilers
issueid=17 03-08-2008 03:48 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Zeno: 7
Spoilers and non-spoilers
Spoiler protection on forums

In a good roguelike tradition, there should be a separation between spoily and non-spoily topics. That's not important yet for JADE. but for ADOM it is. There are two things which can be done to this end. It'd be best to have both :)

1) have two forums, one for spoily, the other one for non-spoily topics

2) have a [ spoiler ] tag which will somehow hide the text, but allow to show it when needed.
Issue Details
Issue Number 17
Issue Type Feature
Project Website Development
Category Forums
Status Suggested
Priority Unknown
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version (none)
Votes for this feature 14
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-08-2008 06:46 PM
i second this. Would be a good thing to allow discussion of spoily topics with the option to ignore those parts of it.

03-09-2008 01:54 PM
Ancient Member
Good idea. I have voted for it.

03-09-2008 05:47 PM
Voted for it. I really like idea of [spoiler] tag.

03-09-2008 06:02 PM
Ancient Member
Voted. I have seen this feature on some forums: the text in the tags would appear in some kind of a coloured area, invisible of course, and the text in the area has to be highlighted with the cursor to be able to read it.

03-09-2008 06:12 PM
Definitely. Spoiler tag is a must have in this here parts. And it can be implemented just the way Laukku suggested.

03-09-2008 06:19 PM
Ancient Member
Definitely agree on the spoiler tag. At the moment the closest approximation would be changing the colour of the font to the background colour and labelling it.

03-11-2008 09:40 AM
That is a must!
How else will we be able to find these spoilers easily?

03-11-2008 10:26 AM
voted for it. [cut] tag, which shows only small text, and expands into huge text, when clicked, or [spoiler] tag? which shows the text with the same color as background, would suffice

03-11-2008 03:35 PM
Ancient Member
Voted for it. We really need it.

03-14-2008 08:58 AM
The Creator
Does anyone know how to do this with vBulletin without having to code it by hand? I'd like to avoid having to manually change the code of vBulletin.

03-14-2008 09:41 AM
Ancient Member
vBulletin forums to the rescue again:

http://www.vbulletin.org/forum/showthread.php?t=105176

Just install this official mod (assuming you own a vBulletin license). It's configurable, but the generic status is exactly what we're after - a spoiler tag that hides the text in a black block, but can be seen easily when highlighted.

03-20-2008 12:08 PM
I think the ADOM parts of the forum need to have this kinda ASAP, since it's farly easy to stumble upon spoilers.
(and there are amny threads mixing spoily and non-spoily.)

While we are on the issue, I would like to ask you all to add a [spoiler] tag to your threads, denoting that you want either your question asked using spoilers, or will freely disclose spoily information therein.

Asking for a separate forum for spoily and non-spoily talk may be an overkill at this point, but it's also an option.

+ Reply