YAVP and YASD subforums
issueid=21 03-09-2008 06:48 PM
Number of reported issues by spectre: 3
YAVP and YASD subforums

For completeness sake, It stands for: Yet Another Victory Post and Yet Another Sad/Silly/Stupid Death threads.

As fas as roguelikes are concerned, such posts come with the territory, and I think a special forum space should be made for these, so they won't clutter up the general discussion. Right now it'snot a problem, but why not plan ahead.
Issue Details
Issue Number 21
Issue Type Feature
Project Website Development
Category Forums
Status Implemented
Priority 10 - Lowest
Suggested Version Unknown
Implemented Version Next Release
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users adom-admin
Tags (none)

03-09-2008 07:03 PM
Ancient Member
I think we should wait and see how things evolve before deciding on this. It was never needed on RGRA, or on the HoF Forums. I don't think there's anything wrong with it being grouped in with regular discussion.

03-09-2008 08:41 PM
I would go for a simple sticky thread in the adom subforum.

03-09-2008 10:47 PM
True that. Sticky could suffice for now.
My thought was, these things are inherently spoily, so they do not really mix that well with general discussion.

03-11-2008 03:39 PM
Ancient Member
Abstain.

Remember that the forums are in beta stage anyway... lets wait and see how things evolve.

Oh, and theotherhiveking: no, one thread for all the YAVP's/YASD's wont be enough. Don't you think the ones posting them want to hear opinions?

03-12-2008 04:53 AM
Quote Originally Posted by Epythic
one thread for all the YAVP's/YASD's wont be enough. Don't you think the ones posting them want to hear opinions?
Well, I'm judging by myself, and I post my YAVPs and YASDs only to make others laugh or something. I don't care of their opinions on such a little issues. Voted against. (I mean, no need fo subforums, one/two themes will be enough)

03-14-2008 08:50 AM
The Creator
I like it. Might create a nice library of such posts.

+ Reply