Spontaneous turning into soulless husk?
issueid=694 12-01-2011 02:07 PM
Number of reported issues by Cass: 18
Spontaneous turning into soulless husk?
Not sure this is a bug

I entered a dungeon, and found myself in a room with a few enemies. As I entered I saw the following message: "The giant frog is turned into a soulless husk due to mana loss!" There was no frog, so I guess this means it died, spontaneously. Or some other bug happened. Or this is entirely intentional and just some funny coincidence.
Issue Details
Issue Number 694
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category Unknown
Status Fixed
Priority 9
Affected Version JADE 0.2.2
Fixed Version ADOM II 0.2.3
Users able to reproduce bug 2
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

12-01-2011 10:21 PM
Just chiming in to say that I've seen this happen too. I presume that this happens because the monster is generated with a stat of zero?

EDIT: I just got this message: "The large bat is turned into a cauliflower due to serious brain damage!"

12-02-2011 04:24 AM
I'm more interested in the result - if a being has a mana stat of zero, and that turns them into a "soulless husk"... shouldn't that basically turn them into a zombie?

02-07-2012 04:37 AM
The Creator
Fixed for ADOM II 0.2.3. Please send your real name to creator(at)ancientdomainsofmystery.com for it to be included in the credits. (If you were already asked to do so you can ignore this message. Please include a reference to the bug or RFE you are credited for.)

02-17-2013 03:17 AM
Ancient Member
This still happens in 0.3.2.

+ Reply