Tone down uberjackals.
issueid=1234 09-06-2012 12:11 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by grobblewobble: 72
Tone down uberjackals.

This has been suggested several times, but I could not find an existing post for it. Sorry if it's already there and I missed it.

There are a number of creatures for which the monster levelling can run out of control quickly during normal gameplay. Especially creatures that rarely spawn naturally but frequently spawn as summoned creatures, by breeding, as part of a fixed map layout or from hives.

This means that if one plays the game normally, without specifically avoiding those monster types, they can easily become very high level. I think the original goal of monster levelling was to punish excessive abuse of summoners, but for these monsters a non-abusive playing style is punished too, if that makes sense.

Some notable examples:

- jackals
- spiders
- bees
- chaos servants

(let me know if I forgot some important ones)

There are several possible solutions. One of the easiest would be to adjust the levelling speed of monsters that bred / are summoned / part of fixed maps / etc. Or perhaps even easier, make a few specific adjustments for the problematic monster types, because it is mainly a select few monsters that are really the problem.
Issue Details
Issue Number 1234
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Linux
Status Rejected
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 3
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

09-06-2012 01:00 PM
Ancient Member
http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=12

I just avoid jackals like the plague. Chaos servants do get pretty tough around the air temple, if you clear all the other two + Kelly's room.

12-10-2012 11:36 AM

+ Reply