Necromancy System needs upgraded and fixed
issueid=4228 01-14-2016 08:14 AM
Number of reported issues by Hellcommander: 5
Necromancy System needs upgraded and fixed
Improvements needed with necromancy , issues with necromancy command, and issues I've spotted so far with white necromancer

Here is a log of issues that I've spotted that need resolved, possible problems in white necromancy, and possible improvements that could be added:
both minions and the player should be sharing experience but seems to be only that minions get cut of exp and players get no cut of exp for minion kills
Necromancy slaves should ignore friendly fire from player and fellow minions(of both black and white)
Mist elf necromancers should get higher odds of healing books
Command ui currently broken for commanding them at best can either blindly move target or cycle though targets
minion commanding should be a free action so it does not waste a turn to get minions focused on a target and attacking if they aren't already
maybe allow multiply targets be set for each minion per minion command
minions need some follower ai that allows them to attack like a normal monster and defend there master
minions should defend master if master is attacked
Allow minions to follow player if within 5 tiles or so of player when (s)he exits
Make sure minions dont turn on each other but add in their ai to avoid having allies in aoe if possible
add more commands like attack all hostile attack and attack neutrals
necromancer minions should be tweaked to be able to follow player form a few tiles from stairs to allow character to more easily bring thier minions along?
Needs a way to be able to tell the status of your undead/contructs
whisle like item or something that can be used by necromancers to summon their non - temperary undead to them with a minor cooldown (to gather after a teleport)
Prevent minions from wondering off or at least be able to command them to attack someone or at a tile without being in range of site for both
improve mana training done for using white necromancy so mana stack gets enough training to be regained properly (if not already as such) and if its not done for higher cost black necromancy then. Higher about of varienty for spell books closer to wizard with higher chance on scale of healing books and buff spells instead of getting lots of ice bolt as drops or at least have diferrent table if has white necromancy since all white necromancy can be healed with magic it seems(at least from my experience with my mist elf necromancer)
Allow player to give more items to minions (would make sense mobs pick up stuff all the time).

Another thing I've found for all necromancy minions they can reach levels of 160+ leading to insane stats.

Notes on white necromancy:
White necromancy minions only seem to have a chance to attack hostile monsters that are close to them and will move out of way sometimes to allow monster to attack player.
They sometimes like to path away from player (some of the minions might have worse player tracking).
When stone golem was attacking high hp targets I was not able to spot it using its breath weapon that it loves to use on character if turn hostile.
Minions Tested so far:Stone Statue (has invisible sight so has easier time following), Stone Statue, Humuculus
Issue Details
Issue Number 4228
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 1 - Highest
Suggested Version ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 1
Votes against this feature 1
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-14-2016 09:35 AM
Hi Hellcommander,

Most of things listed above do make sense but they definetly worth separate RFEs or better separate discussion on the forum. I'd say this is rather collection of RFEs than a bug, because things which from your point of view work in a wrong way and should be fixed actually are intentional, game just was designed this way. Believe me, it's hell for a developer to track issues which have multiple suggestions that can't be done in one change.

My view on the points raised:
Quote Originally Posted by Hellcommander
both minions and the player should be sharing experience but seems to be only that minions get cut of exp and players get no cut of exp for minion kills
I do agree, this do make sense and would make necromancy more rewarding. For slaves, not for companions of course.

Necromancy slaves should ignore friendly fire from player and fellow minions(of both black and white)
I'm not sure what was meant. Obviously they should take damage. But they're slaves after all and they really shouldn't be angered and shouldn't turn on you if you hurt them. This even makes sense thematically if you want to play evil.

Mist elf necromancers should get higher odds of healing books
Bump from my side. Reasonable indirect improvement to white necromancy. Of course while PC stays non-chaotic.

minion commanding should be a free action so it does not waste a turn to get minions focused on a target and attacking if they aren't already
Speaking, gesturing or even sending orders mentally do require action points. I would agree to make orders less time-consuming for bards / necromancers and probably depending on charisma. But definete no to zero action cost.

minions need some follower ai that allows them to attack like a normal monster and defend there master
minions should defend master if master is attacked
They're not living and shouldn't care much about their master unless he gives orders. Just IMHO. That's where command "defend me" could be handy. By default I'd leave complete ignorance.

Allow minions to follow player if within 5 tiles or so of player when (s)he exits
necromancer minions should be tweaked to be able to follow player form a few tiles from stairs to allow character to more easily bring thier minions along?
Was suggested more than one time. Search through the forum. In any case this do makes sense and probably should work for normal monsters as well.

Make sure minions dont turn on each other but add in their ai to avoid having allies in aoe if possible
I'd rather make it possible to give one order for companion / slae to turn on the other one... But this doesn't seem to work now, you need to anger companion you want to attack first and only then it can be attacked by other your allies.

add more commands like attack all hostile attack and attack neutrals
Welcome: http://www.adom.de/forums/project.php?issueid=3937

Needs a way to be able to tell the status of your undead/contructs
Just [l]ook at them. It's already much more than could be achieved with just looking in foes.

whisle like item or something that can be used by necromancers to summon their non - temperary undead to them with a minor cooldown (to gather after a teleport)
I just played around with bards and necromancers in exploration mode. Whistle doesn't seem to work indeed.

Prevent minions from wondering off or at least be able to command them to attack someone or at a tile without being in range of site for both
+1, unlife slave shouldn't wander on their own at all.

improve mana training done for using white necromancy so mana stack gets enough training to be regained properly (if not already as such) and if its not done for higher cost black necromancy then. Higher about of varienty for spell books closer to wizard with higher chance on scale of healing books and buff spells instead of getting lots of ice bolt as drops or at least have diferrent table if has white necromancy since all white necromancy can be healed with magic it seems(at least from my experience with my mist elf necromancer)
Mana training is already fine... At least my experience was so.

Allow player to give more items to minions (would make sense mobs pick up stuff all the time).
As far as I remember this was raised multiple times as well. I agree that they should take and equip items if given by their master.

+ Reply