[RFE] Brannalbins cloak of defense as a crowning gift for assassins
issueid=3617 03-08-2015 08:06 AM
Number of reported issues by Heikki: 2
[RFE] Brannalbins cloak of defense as a crowning gift for assassins

Swap the cloak of Oman to Brannalbins cloak of defense in assassins crowning gifts. It makes much more sense that an assassin can get a cloak that grants invisibility.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3617
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Suggested
Priority 5 - Medium
Suggested Version ADOM r57
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 3
Votes against this feature 3
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-08-2015 08:58 AM
Ancient Member
Yes from me, Cloak of Oman feels more like a crowning gift for casters or archers, which don't really benefit that much from invisibility.
For assassins it's much more thematically proper to get Brannalbin's instead of Oman's.

03-08-2015 03:50 PM
Considering that invisibility from items makes your good consumption skyrocket i'm against such thing. I'd rather have Oman's.

03-08-2015 04:05 PM
Ancient Member
Also, teleporting into closed rooms into positions the target previously though of as secure is extremely practical for an assassin.

03-09-2015 12:57 PM
How about making both crowning gifts ("cloak and dagger," anyone)? Far Slayer and Death's Blade are both kind of strange as Assassin gifts.

03-09-2015 04:57 PM
Ancient Member
I'd understand far slayer but Death's blade? A huge two-handed claymore for an assassin that relies on subtlety and stealth? I don't think so.
Since assassins already have nice slaying weapons as potential crowning gifts, including some of the best in the game, the other slots should be different than weapons - I'd replace Death's Blade with Brannalbin's cloak of defense.
That leaves us with Farslayer which I suppose could stay untouched. There's already a bunch of nice things available for crowning and Farslayer would be difficult to replace with something that makes sense.
It's thematically more or less proper, though a big-ass crossbow like this doesn't inspire "remain silent, hide and shoot" and instead invokes the feeling of "let's go in guns blazing".

+ Reply