Make cursed amulets of light grant visibility to otherwise invisible characters.
issueid=3603 02-21-2015 10:14 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by Blasphemous: 110
Make cursed amulets of light grant visibility to otherwise invisible characters.

I had this idea after kicking a certain goblin statue and getting permanent invisibility at a very early stage of the game, well before arena or precrowning.
Since potions of visibility are so rare, perhaps a feature could be implemented to have a cursed amulet of light make PCs visible?
It wouldn't hurt the balance, it wouldn't give any abusable advantage.
Currently invisibility has obvious beneficial qualities but it makes some things in the game either impossible or very tedious.

This RFE would also be thematically coherent.
After all, a source of light that can make whole dark rooms bright again, should be easily noticeable by monsters and thus pinpoint player's location in a dungeon.
Issue Details
Issue Number 3603
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 7
Status Suggested
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM r56
Implemented Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 5
Votes against this feature 4
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

02-22-2015 04:47 AM
Wouldn't cursed rings/cloaks of invisibility make more sense?

02-22-2015 07:27 AM
I think all continuous sources of light should completely negate invisibility - torches, everburning torches, amulets of light - regardless of their c/u/b status.

02-23-2015 01:58 AM
I tend to agree with @SinsI here, that continuous sources of light should be considered as giving some clue to the wearer/owner.
Maybe @Blasphemous is right that 'worse' sources of light (ie: cursed items) are worse at hiding their location? What if cursed light-sources really showed as a glowing point of light that creatures would be inclined to attack, where-as 'better' (non-cursed) items gave more of an ambient light to the surroundings without really giving-away the exact source?

Perhaps I'm over-thinking it. Maybe all sources of light will give-off an obvious glow, and thus be an easy target for near by enemies. That could be the better way to do it.

02-23-2015 04:24 PM
I Suggest to rework statues,and change permanent durations to (any number)turns,in other cases PC always have choises to take perma invis or stay visible.

+ Reply