"Drop item" dialog does not return, after too many unwanted sale attempts in a shop
issueid=593 11-14-2011 10:28 AM
Number of reported issues by aquavires: 17
"Drop item" dialog does not return, after too many unwanted sale attempts in a shop

"Pertior, the mountain dwarven shopkeeper shakes his head and forbids dropping the rags."

So, Pertior doesn't want to buy my rags. After I receive a head-shake, my "drop item" dialog returns to let me choose a different item to sell. That's JADE behaving as expected.

However, if I persistently try to drop unwanted stuff, the top of the screen eventually gets filled with "...shakes his head and forbids dropping..." messages, and a "(more)" appears. After that, the dialog disappears and doesn't come back.

It's not a game-breaker, but that's probably not intended behaviour.
Issue Details
Issue Number 593
Project ADOM II (formerly known as JADE)
Category UI
Status Fixed
Priority 9
Affected Version JADE 0.2.2
Fixed Version ADOM II 0.2.4
Users able to reproduce bug 1
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

11-16-2011 02:46 AM
Perhaps make JADE automatically purge the message display if it gets filled up while dropping? Personally, I wish [d] would only let you drop one item. Make the player use [:d] for dropping anything more than one item/stack of items.

11-18-2011 04:20 AM
I like ADOM's old behaviour too, but this report was about dropping one item at a time -- My inventory is supposed to pop up again if my drop was rejected, but an overfilled message buffer currently prevents that.

05-02-2012 05:37 AM
The Creator
Fixed for ADOM II 0.2.4. Please send your real name to creator(at)ancientdomainsofmystery.com for it to be included in the credits. (If you were already asked to do so you can ignore this message. Please include a reference to the bug or RFE you are credited for.)

+ Reply