Minotaur maze made a little easier?
issueid=1507 12-20-2012 08:05 AM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by grobblewobble: 72
Minotaur maze made a little easier?

In older releases, few people visited the minotaur maze, as the general feeling is that the reward is not worth the effort. The axe is a good weapon, but not really better than the rune covered trident. (Depends on what monsters you're fighting, but I don't want to go too deep into detail.)

Now the rune covered trident deserves an RFE of its own, because all you need to do to get it is teleport, chat, teleport. Imo a little too easy. In any case, getting the minotaur axe takes a lot of hard work and resources, even if you use "the trick". Now that levels can no longer be identified by traps (the trick people used), I wonder if the place will still be visited at all. It doesn't help that there are strict level requirements too, which means a player who is probably somewhere deep in the CoC tackling the air / earth temple would need to go back to the surface to get it. With the rune covered trident being so easy to get (and at whatever moment you like, too), it all seems a bit unfair to me.

So imo, the rune-covered trident should be a bit harder to get and the minotaur maze a little bit easier (for example by making the maze fewer levels deep).
Issue Details
Issue Number 1507
Issue Type Feature
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category All
Status Implemented
Priority 8
Suggested Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 8
Implemented Version ADOM 1.2.0 pre 9
Milestone (none)
Votes for this feature 6
Votes against this feature 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

01-09-2013 05:55 PM
Issue Changed by adom-admin