Game crash while teleporting: lost save
issueid=6264 06-18-2018 01:58 AM
Number of reported issues by DonCarmolo: 1
Game crash while teleporting: lost save
The game crashed while the PC was teleporting (controlled - teleportitis), resulting in all the current session progress being lost.

After being playing for approximately 3 or 4 hours, the game crashed while my PC (lvl 20 High Elf Paladin with telportitis and tp control) was executing a teleportation in the Caverns of Chaos: I selected the tile to which I wanted to go and when I pressed SPACE to execute the order, the game just closed, no error message. I re-executed the game hoping to be able to load the game at the last stairs I visited (auto save), only to discover that all the progress I made since the last game load, at least 3hs earlier, was lost as I could tell from the "level 17" in the label.

Is there ANY way to restore the last auto save? I did a LOT of things in the session while going from level 17 to level 20 :(
Issue Details
Issue Number 6264
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows 10 (Steam)
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 1 - Highest
Affected Version ADOM 3.2.2
Fixed Version (none)
Milestone (none)
Users able to reproduce bug 0
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

06-18-2018 06:59 AM
Administrator
Yes, if you go to the save game directory, there should be other files with the name of your character. One with the ending ".bak" and others with the ending ".au1" to ".au5".

Select the one with the latest date and rename/copy it to ".svg" (move the existing ".svg" file to another location first). This way you should be able to continue to play.

06-19-2018 12:06 AM
It worked! Thanks a lot! Now back to trying to solve those poison dripping hands.

09-10-2018 01:48 PM
The Creator
If you manage to reproduce the teleport crash, please upload a save file.

+ Reply