Identical yet unknown spellbooks generated in the same floor aren't auto-identified
issueid=930 04-11-2012 03:23 PM
Ancient Member
Number of reported issues by anon123: 111
Identical yet unknown spellbooks generated in the same floor aren't auto-identified
If the player finds two identical spellbooks he hasn't identified yet, and read-identifies one of them, the other one won't be auto-identified.

Problem
If the player finds two identical spellbooks he hasn't identified yet, and read-identifies one of them, the other one won't auto-ID when he finds it. This is unlikely to happen in the first place, but still possible with the most common books.

For example: I find a "parchment tome" on the floor, read it, and it teaches me the Darkness spell. When I find another spellbook of Darkness on the same dungeon, it's still a parchment tome (100s), even though I have it in my identified items list. When I pick it up or walk over it again, the game says "You pick up the spellbook of Darkness."/"A spellbook of Darkness (100s) is lying here." and it's identified.

How to reproduce it
See above. You need some luck, as two identical spellbooks for a spell you don't yet know must be generated in the same floor.

Notes
This is a very minor issue, considering the conditions required to trigger it and its "effect" on gameplay.
Issue Details
Issue Number 930
Project ADOM (Ancient Domains Of Mystery)
Category Windows NT
Status Unconfirmed
Priority 10 - Lowest
Affected Version Unknown
Fixed Version ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)
Milestone Potential work pipeline
Users able to reproduce bug 4
Users unable to reproduce bug 0
Assigned Users (none)
Tags (none)

03-04-2014 06:34 PM
Issue Changed by jt
  • Status changed from Unconfirmed to Cannot Reproduce

11-22-2015 03:59 PM
Issue Changed by adom-admin
  • Status changed from Cannot Reproduce to Unconfirmed
  • Milestone changed

11-25-2015 11:06 AM
Issue Changed by adom-admin
  • Issue marked as addressed
  • Addressed version changed from Unknown to ADOM r64 (v2.0.3)

+ Reply